• I have found, on the website of Wizards of the Coast, the announcement that Gleemax will be discontinued.

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/Default.aspx?doc=20080728

Motivation? ….

“We have the two best games in the world,” said Randy Buehler, VP of Digital Games for Wizards of the Coast, “we need to take care of them before expanding into new digital arenas.”

The two best games in the world… who have decided this? I have to strongly disagree! A&A is far better!

Maybe the problem is related to the fact that after having bought a box of A&A you do not need to buy different infantry miniatures each day you play…  :roll:

Luckily we have TripleA!

• That’s crap!  :x Yeah at least we have tripleA

LT

• '19 Moderator

Fags

• Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very…… GAY

Thats is so pathetic, why not just leave it as it is, devote one programmer to maintaining it, I’ll pay for the game I don’t care. Organising games among friends is great but how often can you pool together 5 guys, once a week realistically. The internet game was great, and yes TripleAAA on the forums exist, but it clearly takes longer to play that way then by Gleemax.

• :-o
    I never did like Randy, and now I remember why.
    Bad decisions are his trademark.  :roll:

• I read a little bit of Randy’s blog he said that Gleemax will discontinue some time in September.  (for those of you that didn’t read that far.)

So get it out of your system next month.

LT

EDIT: Another thing I found funny was that the D&D players didn’t want to see it go.

• I’d like to thank WOTC for….

well, for nothing once again.

1. Promise somthing major, followed by the inevitable
    2. screwing it up; or,
    3. canceling it altogether

The ONLY reason why I support this crappy company is that Greg Smorey runs events and cares about his tournament players. He’s the only one though. And he’s not even officially part of the company, just prize supported. And they regularly screw that up.

Thanks for nothing WOTC.

• I have run into a situation similar to this before when I was in the International Union of Operating Engeneers (IUOE).  I was a surveyor and some how we ended up in their union.  We when it came to fighting issues equipment operators got first pick.  When it came to who got what equipment operators got first pick.

I think WotC is doing the same thing.  D&D and Magic get first priority and all their other projects (Avon Hill) get to fight over second place.

LT

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m