• you have an anti-aircraft gun on a transporter in transit.

if enemy planes fly over is the anti-aircraft gun active? can the anti-aircraft gun shoot down any attacking planes or enemy planes flying over the sea zone?

• I would say no b/c ARM, INF and ART are only passengers when being transported.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

AA Guns on board Transports are considered cargo and thus, may not participate in the battle in either Attack (since AA Guns do not function in attacks) nor Defense.

• :roll:
    Well now, what if a submarine sank the transport with the AA gun as cargo, but got too close and all that AA ammo went off and then the sub got hit and wouldn’t it just sink that Sub?  :| I would think so. :-P

@Crazy:

:roll:
    Well now, what if a submarine sank the transport with the AA gun as cargo, but got too close and all that AA ammo went off and then the sub got hit and wouldn’t it just sink that Sub?  :| I would think so. :-P

Sounds like the submarine in WWII that sunk a Japanese train.

Cute, but how realistic is it to expect a repeat?

Did it actually sink the train? Or was it using its’ deck gun to blast it as it went by the coast?
    I’ll have to look that one up later.
    Also, I saw a sub blow up a truck parked on a beach with a torpedo in an old WWII movie. Not sure if that really happened or not but it probibly did. They didn’t have to make up corny stuff back in the old days, it just happened naturally.  :-P

If I remember correctly, the train was torpedoed and sunk in the bay.

• :-o
      Can’t you just hear the train conductor giving a notice to the pasengers before it left the Station;
    Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board the Toyko express! Railroad directive 34 requires that you keep your bags stowed under your seat for the duration of our trip. The window black-out curtains are to be kept closed for the duration of the war, so please do not touch them. Additionally, If the train is torpedoed by some crazy Allied submarime, you may tear out your bench seats to use as a makeshift floatation device.
    Now relax and have a pleasant trip. Long live the Emperor!
      :roll:

It was the American Submarine: USS Barb and it sunk the train on July 23, 1945 from Patience Bay, Off the coast of Karafuto, Japan at 0147 hours (1:47 AM for those of you unfamiliar with military/European time.)

The submarine was commanded by: Commander Fluckey (AKA Lucky)

• But what if it was sunk by one of those fancy Jap AC SUBs?  Would that make a difference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400_class_submarine

Oh well yes for sure!
    The seaplanes on  the deck of the sub would most certainly be sunk by the underwater super secret FlaK guns!
    I mean that is what they were designed to do don’t you know. :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m