Two Questions (CV Defense and TRN stuff)

• As a totally new poster- I’m avoiding abbreviations.

First question is simple: A transport can never offload into more than one territory, but can you load from more than one territory?  I know you can load a unit from your starting area, move 1 and load another unit, move 1 more and offload both units.  But can you load two units from differing adjacent territories (ex: a Transport in Sea Zone 14 grabbing an infantry from Liba and Southern Europe, then dropping them off in Trans-Jordan)

Second is more complex:  When an Aircraft  Carrier is defending, are fighters on it simply considered cargo, or do they get to defense dice just the the rest of the units in the seazone?  Do friendly powers’ fighters on a Carrier get to defend at a 3 as well?

I ask because the rules specifically state that Aircraft Carriers have ‘Fighter Defense’ and that a fighter can “take the hit” for the carrier.  If the fighters are active defense units, the statement seems kind of redundant (other than to specify that friendly powers’ fighters can do this).

1. Yes

2. As long as we are talkin about defense, all fighters on board your AirCraftCarriers defend together with the rest of the units in that seazone (on a 4) and can be taken as casulties.

• @kiyosa:

Second is more complex:  When an Aircraft  Carrier is defending, are fighters on it simply considered cargo, or do they get to defense dice just the the rest of the units in the seazone?  Do friendly powers’ fighters on a Carrier get to defend at a 3 as well?

I ask because the rules specifically state that Aircraft Carriers have ‘Fighter Defense’ and that a fighter can “take the hit” for the carrier.  If the fighters are active defense units, the statement seems kind of redundant (other than to specify that friendly powers’ fighters can do this).

From a defensive perspective, this statement can seem redunant.  However, I believe the statement is made because from an attacking perspective it is different.  Friendly fighters on a carrier ARE considered only cargo: they can not join the attack nor be taken as a hit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m