• 2007 AAR League

what does the hero ability mean in regards to defensive fire.
    Specifically, what does “ignore face up disrupted mean”? Do they ignore the detrimental effects of being disrupted, or do all face up disrupted counters placed on them disappear? Are they still, or at all affected by defensive fire?

• These guys ignore face-up disruptions period. So when they are recieving a hit due to a defensive fire, they just ignore it and keep coming at you.  B@d A$$ dudes can only be killed by 2 simultaneous hits (5s and 5 s) or flat out 6s.  Then with the Soviet Hero, he comes back from the dead on a single die roll of 5 or 6. (endurance)

• Ignore is defined in the glossary as “is should treat it as if it were not there”.  I had a rule debate with the WotC rule rep because I had issues with that, but he insisted.

(Just as an aside, I argued that other units should still get the benefit of the disrupt…SS-Panzergrenadier with Ruthless bonus for example.  The official ruling was that the SS unit does NOT get the ruthless bonus VS a hero…I was not happy)

• they say the can’t wins over the can.

• I’ll state my opinion… If it ignores it why keep it there… the rule should be

“this unit ignores face up disrupted counters, remove all face up disrupted counters from this unit”

If it’s not there, there would be no question.

• 2007 AAR League

um, what does that all mean? there are two opinions here
    one is that it does not get a disrupted counter
    one is that it gets one, but is not affected by it.

• The rule is it gets the face up disrupted but it has no effect.  Make believe it’s not there.

In my opinion only, it should just be removed.

• '19 Moderator

LMAO,

what the hell is the point of leaving it there if it’s ignored?

Also with the Hero of the Soviet Union if he rolls a 5 or 6 he “ignores” the Distroyed counter, wtf do you do now? you can’t kill him because he’s already dead, It’s like he gets a free Zombie turn?!?!?!  If you can roll high you have a russian vampire running around the field. :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m