• How cool would it be if there was a tank that when damaged, Tank Commander opened hatch, escaped and became a 5/5 soldier type.  Of course then tank couldn’t fire.

AAM could have popped out a few tanks like this, especiallty the Commander status tanks.

• If you notice all infantry units are not called infantry, instead they are listed mostly by the weapon of chc and stats indicate that.  For instance

Buffalo soldier
    Garand
    Marine
    all use the m1 garand and thier attack values are the same.  You’ll also notice some tanks with the same caliber gun have the same attack value also.

shermans are the same, except the the ones with special cannons.

M18GMC
    M18 Helcat
    M-10
    all the same attack values, except for the m-10 has a slightly better long range infantry attack but I think we know why, because it had a kick butt machine gun on the back… I think it was a 50 caliber.

So the question is what gun does the tank commander use when he hops out, a hand gun?  Maybe the tank’s 30mm machine gun?  This is the problem.  Same for a Bazooka, you’d think if there’s not more tanks to fight he’d just drop his Bazooka and pick up a rifle.  Units are the units and can not change duing the game except for the resoureful hero.

Besides a tank commander would never leave a functional tank.

• I’m talking about a SA, like if the tank was damaged or destroyed, a roll of 4 or higher and commander could get out and be saved.  he would then turn into a 7/5/0 soldier unit.

Just toying with the idea

• '19 Moderator

Well it you were going to do it it would most likely be the equivilant of a Thompson or a PPSh, tankers carried SMGs or carbines mostly because of space restrictions.

• For the most part tankers were given M3 “greese guns”. You can’t hit crap with those things. If a Thompson is 10-6-0 against men I would say an M3 would be 7-3-0 or so. That again an intrepid tanker might be able to get his hands on a Thompson.

• When it comes to dismounting, things could get crazy when you allow the tank commander and his crew to dismount.  Especially with that russian tank that had a crew of 7.

I like the idea of catastropic kills.  Let the tank crew fight on damaged for a while and then when destroyed, remove them. Besides, most tread heads make lousy infanteers.

• '19 Moderator

@Audacity:

most tread heads make lousy infanteers.

Ed-zachary

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m