How much have you spent on the miniatures?

• please supply some figures… is this a real expensive hobby?

• Depends who you are playing against, or if you are in it to collect the minis.

In the frirst 5 sets it takes 2 to 3 cases to complete a set (with lots of dups obviously).  The North Africa you can complete a set with 2 cases.  If you are just looking for enough to play with some variety VS people who have a lot, one case of each and you are golden.  If you are a new player starting out with the two latest larger-scale sets then 2 starter sets and 6 boosters each of 1939-1945 and North Africa and you can play.

eBay is your friend, as is doing some trading.

Over the years I’ve probably picked up 2 to 3 cases of each set, plus eBay, plus trading.  And if you are looking for a ready-made collection with multiples of everything and have a grand you can have mine  :evil:

To answer you question of is it an expensive hobby, to buy 1 case will cost you 80 bucks.  I spend more than that on beer each month, so relatively speaking I guess its not bad.  They release a new set about once every 9 months.

• '19 Moderator

I bought 3 or 4 cases and several lots on ebay, I’ve probably got $500 or $600 into my collection, I used to know how much I spent, but I quit keeping track.

• I estimate I spent about $300 - $400 total since I discovered the game in Summer 2005. Sure I could have built two Flames of War 1500 point forces for the same amount, but Axis & Allies Miniatures allows me to play with a broader range of units and nationalities.

• @allies_fly:

please supply some figures… is this a real expensive hobby?

I’ve spent about $1k+ BUT DK (plays online with us) spent $0 ZERO dollars and he plays as much as I do.  Just go to Avalon Hill’s web site.  Download the rules and stat cards and you’re ready to play with us online.  No need to own anything to play online and it’s just as much fun.  We’re here to help if you need directions.

• Thanks for that Big-time HT  :-D :-D :-D

I did spend about 5 or 6 hundred on Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Just bought new drums so I don’t have to lug the original set back and forth to Florida.

• @Half-Track:

@allies_fly:

please supply some figures… is this a real expensive hobby?

I’ve spent about $1k+ BUT DK (plays online with us) spent $0 ZERO dollars and he plays as much as I do.  Just go to Avalon Hill’s web site.  Download the rules and stat cards and you’re ready to play with us online.  No need to own anything to play online and it’s just as much fun.  We’re here to help if you need directions.

Wow, $1000 is lots of money.
    Larry Harris loves you

• Whoever Larry is I’m sure he don’t like me.  :-D

• '19 Moderator

LMAO, that would be the guy that invented Axis and Allies…

• How much have I spent on A&A Minis?  Possibly too much but, I don’t smoke, don’t drink and don’t listen to country music so who cares.

I like the game and despite its growing pains, I’ll stand by it.  If I become disillusioned at anytime, I’ve got enough to last my lifetime.

• '19 Moderator

What do you do, goody two shoes?

(If you never listened to Adam Ant never mind…)

• Mot,

It’s been a while since I thought of that song!  I’ve got in vinyl somewhere around here!

Audacity

• '19 Moderator

I had it on cassette when I was in high school, late 80s  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m