• Hi,
    In my ongoing game with Cystic Crypt (see Games Forum), I am having good results with a new strategy. As the allies I have built many bombers and many ICs. The ICs do not have AA guns, so when the Axis takes them, I am getting a free round of SBR without worrying about AA shots. Also if the Axis chooses to build an AA gun, then that’s 1 less ARM for the Allies to worry about.

Consider that I left Karelia defended by only 2 inf in Russia 3, and the axis refused to take it because if they had taken it I would have gotten 5+ SBR rolls without AA gun shots to worry about.

I guess the revelation for me during this game has been that ICs without AA guns combined with bombers can make capturing those ICs a real pain for your opponent. Of course this only works if you opponent can’t bomb you in return.

Cheers!

• Just remember, Japan has enough money to build a considerable amount of bombers. They can bomb you too. Besides that, its a viable strategy, just don’t get too carried away and buy too many bombers.

• ah Yanny - you haven’t been paying attention to our game i see.
    Zero has masterfully left Japan in the cold with a shrewd KJF strategy. All the Japanese can do right now is cry into their beer. It’s really quite painful. Germany is not even running amuck as much as it would like because of the proliferation of these aa-gun-less IC’s.
    My heart - it is breaking.

• Guess I’ll read up on your game )

• @Zero:

Hi,
    In my ongoing game with Cystic Crypt (see Games Forum), I am having good results with a new strategy. As the allies I have built many bombers and many ICs. The ICs do not have AA guns, so when the Axis takes them, I am getting a free round of SBR without worrying about AA shots. Also if the Axis chooses to build an AA gun, then that’s 1 less ARM for the Allies to worry about.

Consider that I left Karelia defended by only 2 inf in Russia 3, and the axis refused to take it because if they had taken it I would have gotten 5+ SBR rolls without AA gun shots to worry about.

I guess the revelation for me during this game has been that ICs without AA guns combined with bombers can make capturing those ICs a real pain for your opponent. Of course this only works if you opponent can’t bomb you in return.

Cheers!

I wonder why this strategy makes me think of TM Moses VIII……

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m