• i’m a bit confused on how planes work between islands.

however can someone please help on the following:

1. how many movements does it take to move from wake island to marshall island ?
    2. how many movements does it take to move from ryukyu island to korea?
    3. formosa to java?

thanks, s

• Official Q&A

@sanya33:

i’m a bit confused on how planes work between islands.

Basically, a plane uses a movement point each time it crosses a boundary between two spaces, whether they be land territories or sea zones.  The only exception to this is moving between a sea zone and a land territory that you (or your ally) control that contains an air base, which doesn’t require a movement point.  In this circumstance, you simply don’t count crossing the boundary between those two spaces as a movement point.

@sanya33:

1. how many movements does it take to move from wake island to marshall island ?

3 points.

@sanya33:

2. how many movements does it take to move from ryukyu island to korea?

2 points.  Since you’re moving from the Ryukyu Islands, I assume you (or your ally) own them.  Going the other way, it would still take 2 points if you (or your ally) own the islands, but 3 if you don’t, since you wouldn’t be able to use the air base.

@sanya33:

3. formosa to java?

3 points, moving through sea zone 44.  Since you’re moving from Formosa, I assume you (or your ally) own it.  Going the other way, it would still take 3 points if you (or your ally) own the island, but 4 if you don’t, since you wouldn’t be able to use the air base.  Of course, if you (or your ally) don’t own Formosa it would be an illegal move for a fighter, since you wouldn’t have any movement left to land with.

Also notice that you don’t count the island of Borneo itself.  Since you’re just passing through the sea zone and not going to the island, you don’t cross the boundary between sea zone 44 and Borneo.

• just to clarify….if i’m usa and i own most of easter pacific is it possible for a fighter to go from midway to new zealand …providing i own all sea zones to get there (and new zealand)

• Official Q&A

No.  Since there are no air bases on either island, it is a six-space move to get from Midway to New Zealand.  A bomber could do it, but not a fighter.  Incidentally, air units can fly over enemy units, so you wouldn’t have to control everything between the two islands.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m