• In A&A, what are the rules for I.C.'s that do not exist at the beginning of the game? I heard that if an IC is built, the number of units that can be built there is limited by the I.P.C.s produced by the territory in which the I.C. is built.

• @Jesus:

In A&A, what are the rules for I.C.'s that do not exist at the beginning of the game? I heard that if an IC is built, the number of units that can be built there is limited by the I.P.C.s produced by the territory in which the I.C. is built.

true

• '10

Not true…a placed factory on territories worth zero ipc’s such as Gibraltar can produce one unit per turn.

• yes that is the exception

• Along the same line in the questions of IC, I need to help in clarifying this situation:

When Karelia is taken by Germans, the invaders can’t place any new units there using the IC on the first turn they controlled it. If the Russians retake it the following turn, can the original owners now place new units using the IC or must they wait for the next turn before they can use the IC? This is the same for other ICs which have been retaken by the original owners

Thanks

• I think the same rule applies to all newly built or captured ICs (whether you orignally own it or not). That is you cannot place new units in those ICs the same turn you built or capture it. Someone back me up on this?

• So if U just bought an IC in ,say India, U can’t also place three tanks ( or whatever new units ) in India the same turn the IC is placed there, right?

Adrian

• That’s right. You need to protect the Indian IC somehow.

• That’s right! No buildy on same turny. :)

However, if the UK retakes KAR afterm Germany occupies it , then the USSR can build in KAR on it’s Placement Phase.

UK can move 1 INF from Syria/Iraq or use the TRN to bring units from AES(Anglo-Egyptian Sudan), but the latter is a mistake.

• @Xi:

However, if the UK retakes KAR afterm Germany occupies it , then the USSR can build in KAR on it’s Placement Phase.

That’s a good point Xi.

• It’s great for the Allies that , in Europe, they get 3 moves to coordinate a 1-2-3 attack or 1-2-3 defense before Axis responds. After Germany moves UK-US-USSR do their thing with no-to-little Japanese help until J2(if BMR moves toward Europe) or J3(if FTRs move to Europe). However this will blunt the Japanese attack.

• can you spend IPCs from starting game bids (assuming the bid is more than 15) on building an IC? And can you build at that IC in the first turn (assuming you still hold it?) in the normal way?

• NO! In standard and tournament bidding ICs are verboten (forbidden)!
    You could include it in a friendly game in which all players had experience with bidding. However, experienced bidders should be able to get the bids down to 1 TRN, or 2 INF, or 1 INF and 1 ARM for example. But I ain’t gonna tell you were to put them. :roll:

• Can you put ICs on neutral terriorties(after capturing them), and have them produce one unit/turn?

(Dreaming of a Sick Axis attack on USA….Japan throguh canada, and Germany through south america…)

• WHHHAAATT! :x You mean to tell me the usual capture rules don’t apply to the Karelia IC? Who made THAT rule up! I thought the rule was–“One can only place units on an IC they have owned since the beginning of their turn.” Simple as that. Case closed. If USSR retakes the Karelia IC after the Germans sieze it, they hafta wait a turn to use it–JUST LIKE ANY OTHER IC ON THE BOARD.

If this is the normal rule I am outraged! This game is even MORE heavily biased against the Axis than I thought! That is just ridiculous & I refuse to play by those rules…

(…breathing into paper bag…gasp…gasp)

Ok…I’m better…Now that I read the post more closely I see what it means. It’s not really “however” its more of an example. I thought you meant if USSR takes the IC they can use it same turn…ok :wink:

Ozone27

• @Wiz:

Can you put ICs on neutral terriorties(after capturing them), and have them produce one unit/turn?

(Dreaming of a Sick Axis attack on USA….Japan throguh canada, and Germany through south america…)

Yes you can put ICs on neutrals, just like any territories. It goes something like this: 1st turn capture and pay 3 IPCs. 2nd turn build IC. 3rd turn and after 1 unit/turn. So you have to hold the neutral for at least 2 turns before producing 1 measly unit/turn. Usually not a good investment, except for a Japan IC in Switzerland. :o
    Homework: look up that strategy in the forum.

Now tell us more about this Sick Axis attack, including the turn by turn weapon development, purchases, combat/non-combat moves, income collected, recommended age of your Allies opponents, and any Voodoo curses on the Allies. We all need a good laugh sometime. :lol:

• @Wizz:

I think someone forgot to take his medication. :P

• When the rule states you can only build on factories ‘held’ since the beginning of the ‘round’, I infer that a ‘round’ has started with Russia and ended with Russia.

Placing newly built factories also depends on this rule, does it not? I beg to differ with someone who wants to build in China, as it has been taken and since been reclaimed by the Allies.

• I am also inferring that the word ‘held’ means "not captured during play in that ‘round’. "

• I take the same interpreatation as A_G, and so does everyone I’ve played against.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m