• Hi everybody,
    I’m looking for a way to determine, if possible in your opinion, a winner in a game played by 5.

In my group of friends we often play A&AR and need a kind of system to keep a sort of leaderboard.

Any suggest?

Thx
    Yucatan.

• Are you playing OOB rules or LHTR?

Mainly I ask to determine the winning number of VCs.

Also, round 5 might be a bit early in a good game(read: fairly even dice and strategic moves for both sides).

I’m not saying it’s not possible to venture a guess…

Aronn Kreider has developed a mathmetical formula that requires a little leg work but does try to predit a winner.  I would search for some of his posts on this site for more information.

• Official Q&A

Actually, axis_roll, I think he’s looking for a way to determine an individual winner.  (Forgive me if I’m misreading your post, Yucatan.)

In the box rules, the optional individual victory conditions are on page 23 of the Operations Manual.  Whichever power has increased its national production level from the start by the greatest number of IPCs is the individual winner.  Of course, this allows the possibility of a tie.

LHTR also has optional individual victory conditions on page 36.  In this case, whichever power has increased its national production level from the start by the greatest percentage of IPCs is the individual winner (basically final income divided by starting income).  This also allows the possibility of a tie, but there is less of a chance of one.

• @Krieghund:

LHTR also has optional individual victory conditions on page 36.  In this case, whichever power has increased its national production level from the start by the greatest percentage of IPCs is the individual winner (basically final income divided by starting income).  This also allows the possibility of a tie, but there is less of a chance of one.

this is the best way IMO as it is the most fair.

• @Krieghund:

Actually, axis_roll, I think he’s looking for a way to determine an individual winner.  (Forgive me if I’m misreading your post, Yucatan.)

Yes Krieghund, you’re absolutely right!
    Sorry if I express my question bad. My english is not so good… :-P

@Krieghund:

I knew this rule but I don’t know if it’s the best possible.
    I mean… maybe, in this way, every player tends to play for himself instead of the common mission.
    And then I think that every country has different chances to increase its NP. Think about the big expansion that Japan has at the beginning while German is pressed in WRU and UKR by Russia, NWY by the UK…
    I don’t know if it’s well balanced. This is the reason why I’m looking for another way of winning.

Thanks for answering.

Y.

• @Krieghund:

WoW… you really ARE the A&A answer guy!!!

• Official Q&A

@yucatan:

Yes Krieghund, you’re absolutely right!
    Sorry if I express my question bad. My english is not so good… :-P

Your English is fine!

@yucatan:

I knew this rule but I don’t know if it’s the best possible.
    I mean… maybe, in this way, every player tends to play for himself instead of the common mission.

True, but your team has to win in order for you to qualify to be the individual winner, so you can’t play for yourself so much that the team loses.

@yucatan:

And then I think that every country has different chances to increase its NP. Think about the big expansion that Japan has at the beginning while German is pressed in WRU and UKR by Russia, NWY by the UK…
    I don’t know if it’s well balanced. This is the reason why I’m looking for another way of winning.

This is a problem, but it’s also why the percentage increase method (LHTR) is more fair than the raw increase method (box).  I’m not sure what other criteria you could use, though.

Who controls the most Victory Cities?
    Who has captured the most Victory Cities?
    Who has the most units on the board?
    Who has the most land units on the board?

All of these are possibilities, but I don’t know that they’re any better than what we’ve got already.

@axis_roll:

WoW… you really ARE the A&A answer guy!!!

:wink:

• you could award points for each VC captured and held at the end of the game with different values for taking different cities (lets face it taking india is hardly as impressive as marching through Washington  8-) )

• Individual winner in multi-play does make for bad team play. I suggest that you have a series of games, where the team members change sides. At the end of the series, each player shows the number of times that they were on the winning team. The payer wit hthe highest # of wins will be the best TEAM player. :wink:
    Stay tuned for a TEAM tourneyment coming soon1 I will be hosting in the TripeA site.
      Good luck with yur team play. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m