News flash: AXIS & ALLIES ANNIVERSARY EDITION due out oct 23 08

• To celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Avalon Hill, Axis & Allies is launching its most expansive game ever. The AXIS & ALLIES ANNIVERSARY EDITION will feature the debut of Italy as the third Axis nation, the introduction of the cruiser unit to the naval lineup, and the largest Axis & Allies board to-date measuring 24x46 inches. With over 600 pieces, players will be able to recreate and decide the outcome of WWII like never before. The Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition is designed and developed by Larry Harris, the original designer of Axis & Allies, and will release on October 23, 2008 with an MSRP of $100.

Thank got they did it!!!

• Ouch, that is expensive.

Biut so cool at the same time.

• any screenshots of the board??

• 2007 AAR League

Good that the dollar are weak  ;)

• WOW, nice new!!! Where did you find it? Any site or what else?

Mmmm… 1,50$ it’s 1 €, so 100$ are less than 70 €… I think I will buy it!!!

• I will only buy it if its cost $ 95

• @Adlertag:

I will only buy it if its cost $ 95

Oh, I’m sure you can get it online for that or less, if the MSRP will be $100

• I don’t know that I’ll be buying the Anniversary edition -

Price isn’t an issue so much as playability.  Will the rules be carefully edited, and will the game be balanced?  Even if the rules are edited and the game balanced, will the Anniversary edition become the new standard for tournaments and casual play?

I wonder how the (assumed) new degree of complexity will affect the audience of the game.  Axis and Allies Revised already requires 6+ hours to play.

• '11

That sounds really good. It should be interesting to see what Italy has for starting power and to see if they give the Allies a little more starting military might to compete with the Axis.

• Customizer

@Bunnies:

Axis and Allies Revised already requires 6+ hours to play.

But you still play it… Chess is as simple as it gets and you can take hours to finish a game… You expect to conquer the world in 2 hours? Play Risk…  :evil:

• :-o I thought IL was shining us on for a minute  :lol: but it seems he isn’t:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/pr20080227

Groovy. Can’t wait to see some pictures.

I do hope Larry has found a way to speed up the game. When a game gets to take more than four hours you can’t reasonably expect to finish one in an evening after work.

• thats what the smaller sub games are for. other wise it’s a weekend game  :-)
    hey thats right WOTC owns A&A, i’m right down the road from there main office… i’m buying from the source.

• Is good add Italy on axis side, but I would like they add also allied China as a true playing power, with more territories in that zone. I think China deserves being playable more than Italy. China would add more fighting in the Pacific area. Sending USSR forces to reinforce Sinkiang is viable, and you can call them “Maoist forces”, but still have a ugly visual effect.

• and even if China is not a playing power, it should have nation specific infantry

• China would be a boring nation to play as, there economy in WWII was bad and there troops were not vary good. Pacific did make a good attempt with China being a power and the novelty of it was cool, it just didn’t play out well IMO. i think making it work in much the same way it did in Pacific would be the only way to play it though, China would have to have a IPC value for most teritorys, give it a factory and link it’s turn to the US turn making it part of the US play but they can’t share IPC’s. this way China is played like a normal nation, but no one gets stuck playing China as it’s own power.

• @Bunnies:

Even if the rules are edited and the game balanced, will the Anniversary edition become the new standard for tournaments and casual play?

If this edition become the new tournament game, I hope it has individual victory condition

• I flame evrybody to buy no less than 10 copies each of this new edition, this will give IL soemthing to think about

• I guess this will put Jeff out of bussiness

• You are too funny. I will call your buy and raise you one game, so i will now buy 11 copies.

Jeff will not be out of business. BTW did you ever buy a copy?

I hope china has more territory’s, but i don’t want them to be a real nation because they were backward in this time. It was not a cohesive modern society in this time.

• Customizer

China as a stand alone player??? It would make more sense to give Vichy France or Canada or Australia a chance… China could only raise poorly equiped infantry units… Only with the US and British equipment they were able to create sa few decent divisions.

Besides, how fun it would be for a Chinese player to just build infantry units after infantry units? You want them to built fighters? tanks? artillery? lololol Thats really very historical…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m