• If you are then this one is for you.

Im collecting the best post/tips/strats that you are willing to share to others players. Ive place this post everywhere i can so im expecting different rules sets (so specify) and ill post the 10 tips/strats on all MB.

Send a first draft of your post/tips/strats to

benoitlessard@hotmail.com

If we find your tips/strats are interesting we will ask you for a final version. Im not sure if the 10 best will be selected by a commitee or by an open vote.

tips/strats that are found interesting will be commented.

Efficiency originality and playability will be the criteria for judging the strats/tips.

The deadline for submitting the first draft is 1 december. You can send a maximum of 3 tips/strats.
    Specify wich club you are in.

Gl to all

Benoit Lessard

• My tip?

You never go wrong with infantry. :)

• Tanks suck. Only build them if you need mobility or a quick offensive.
    • Don’t tech in large numbers. Spending more than 10 IPCs on Tech is too much
    • Bombers in large numbers can be devasting in Strategic Bombing Runs to any nation
    • Always get an English carrier with 2 American fighers set up in the Great Britain sea zone asap.
    • Holding Eastern Europe is as key for Germany as holding Karelia is for Russia
    • Infantry kick ass
    • Industrial Complexes are overrated

• Deadline is 1 January

As for the kinds of tips I prefer precise personnal tips rather then common wisdom or general tips.

Most good players rarely buy bunch of tanks these days. So a good tips would be when to buy tanks. When an IC is a good moves with Japan and why ?

Ben

• But those questions have answers everyone already knows…
    When do you buy tanks? Only if you’ve basically already won and want some tanks.
    When do you buy an IC for Japan? Only if you already have most of mainland Asia/Russia and nothing can stop you.

• then what’s the point of asking? :-?

• If you build only infantry for Russia, you will definite lose to Japan.
    T-34’s are essential to push Japan back a little bit AT THE RIGHT tIME
    These “guerilla” couterattack always buy one or two turns of time which is crucial for allies victory

• If you build only infantry for Russia, you will definite lose to Japan.
    T-34’s are essential to push Japan back a little bit AT THE RIGHT tIME
    These “guerilla” couterattack always buy one or two turns of time which is crucial for allies victory

Not really. Just use British/American troops to defend the Eastern front, once they can be there in force. They should have enough bombers/fighters to mount an offense. Russia can manage with 5 tanks, placed in moscow, easily.

• With Russia never buy tanks till Japan got u in its crosshairs :(

• :x Oy!! you that posted the comment that Russia shouldn’t buy any tanks till Japan has them in their crosshairs (on Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:43 pm) are completely wrong if you don’t play the rule that Russia can’t attack first go you need at least to purchas 6 tanks for overwhelming the Russian frontlines :x . :D By the way I posted a new topic called modifications you may really want to take a look at three new rules if you like them then incorporate them into your game.

• 1. Win the game…this is the best way to assure victory!
    2. Dont’s lose…(see #1 above)
    3. Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!If you can, steal a few IPC’s while no one is looking. (I usually tell myopponents that there is a monkey outside the window…they all run to the window to look and I pilfer a few extra IPC’s.)
    4. Try to threaten and intimidate other players into not playing well, a few well-timed punches have saved me many times over the years.
    5. Talk trash to the other players about their mothers, sisters, wives or girlfriends. This is a terrible distraction and you may even get them to swing at you thus disqualifying them.
    6. If you start to lose the game then flip the board over and dump your drink on the nearest player (even an ally) then storm out of the house and never return.

• When playing Japan I find it best to only use the sub for the american navy in Hawaii, the using the rest to aid in the land attacks on India , and Russian areas. Also I believe it is key to disable the us in the asia area. Once control is taken over most of russia I always buy a complex and place it in the soviet far east to start a preemptive in the US while also taking a stab at the russian capital. Hopefully this wil help someone.

Apollo21

• I dunno if I’m a top player. I’ve been playing for about ten years. I used to work for Hasbro and knew the guy that invented the game, but I’ve learned more from playing than from him.

I still lose sometimes.

Tips?

A good player really caught me off guard by having the U.K. drop an aircraft carrier on their first turn, then having the U.S. fly it’s lone fighter onto the U.K. carrier on it’s first turn. Along with what was left of the Allied navy after Germany’s aircraft blitz, it turned the tables and the allies were able to help Russia defend Karelia, boxing me in.

Obviously, the U.K. needs to drop an IC in south Africa ASAP. A couple of tanks coming up from there every turn secures africa most every time once Germany’s transport is gone. Eventually those tanks start flowing into asia and…

I never attack the U.S. fleet with Japan unless the axis has the game sewed up. If they try island hopping I hit them with aircraft and maybe subs. Best for Japan to bring the navy home from the start and drop transports. That way, you’ve got units moving into asia and if needed, you can suddenly attack Alaska to divert U.S. attention from whatever if they’re causing problems anywhere.

I also like to have the U.S. concentrate on buying bombers and rolling for heavy bomber technology. If you get that, you can fly strategic bombing out of the U.K. and wipe out all of Germany’s IPCs eventually. I learned that the hard way from a good opponant too.

• If 99% of the strategies you find on the Internet make you laugh, congratulations, you are a top player.

• @Anonymous:

If 99% of the strategies you find on the Internet make you laugh, congratulations, you are a top player.

except maybe for Don’s essays . . . .

• I use a simular strategy for UK to defeat germany, a british carrier on T1. the german’s air force is slowly and methodically chewed up by the Uk navy (who cares how much it costs, if those fighters can’t help in the east germany is defeated in T4 or T5 every time). interestingly enough though this strategy doesn’t work in the Iron Blitz comp. game. instead of defending, my US fighter bails for canada. and also why is it that I can isolate japan to it’s home Island in T5 but can’t conquer it until T12??? the Iron blitz su-=-!

• why can’t you take it until turn 12? does japan just keep building all infantry? if this happens (assuming germany is already dead) then build IC’s in manchuria, kwantung and frenchindochina and build 3 bombers there per turn and just strategic bomb em so they can’t build any units. then you just build up an invasion force and take em out

• that’s exactly what i did, but by the time my forces were assembled, I had to feed them peice meal against like 30 infantry divisions. it took like 5 turns to wear them down. makes you really appreciate the old ‘a’ bomb.

• the thing is, if i get to that point in a pc game playing against the computer, i just quit and start a new one. it’s stupid to play the last 20-30 min just building up and attacking the computer in japan

• yeah it would seem so but it was my first time playing the Iron blitz and I wanted to see if i would get some medal or ranking or scoring - something to justify the torment, but nooooo, just some lousy newspaper clip with some jargon that I can’t decypher.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m