• Yeah, well, that pretty much says it.  NO LUCK.

Whenever you have a battle, you add up each of the different types of attacks, just like low luck.  The difference is, you keep the leftovers between battles.

No hits are inflicted until a total of 6 is reached.

Example:  I attack with 10 infantry against 3 tanks.

Round 1:  I have total attack value of 10 (10 infantry attacking at 1).  Total defense value is 9 (3 tanks defending at 3).  So I get 1 hit, and the defender gets 1 hit.  However, the remainder is NOT rolled, but saved for the next round.

Round 2:  I now have 9 infantry attacking 2 tanks.  My total attack is 9; the total defense is 6.  HOWEVER, we add the leftovers from the last round, so my total attack becomes 9 + 4, while the total defense becomes 6 + 3.  That makes for 13 and 9 respectively.  I get 2 hits, the defender still gets 1 hit.

Round 3:  I have 8 infantry, the defender has nothing.  Yey.

Obviously antiaircraft guns become totally useless because you can attack with up to 5 planes, and nothing will ever get shot down (the AA gun total never reaches 6 or more since it only fires once).

So the solution is to keep a running total for AA guns not just between combats, but for the WHOLE GAME, and knock off a fighter (or a bomber) whenever the total hits 3.

Same thing for battleships.

I don’t say it’s great, or even statistically accurate.  But I figure, people want to play without dice, sure, why not.  Give 'em wat they want.

Your comments are welcome.  YES U!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I believe No Luck rules, which are already created, have you round the remainder.  4, 5, 6 you get another hit.  1, 2, 3 you miss.

• I never quite understood no luck, so I assume that if you send an inf vs an inf the battle would never end? Similarly if you send a sub vs a transport, you could never win?

• How does this system handle AA gun rolls?

• Ok another idea…

Get copy of Hungry Hungry Hippos add all pieces involved in combat in the middle and every one you eat is a combat loss. People press the bottoms for 2 seconds and battle is over. See no luck and much fun?

I like Jennifer’s idea of rounding up but with a twist.

The axis need not bid, however they get a +1 on all round ups, so a 2 becomes a three which becomes a hit.

its like a national advantage sort of.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

AA Guns are like normal defenders.

Total Fighters / 6 if the remainder is 1, 2 or 3 you miss the remainder, otherwise you get another hit for 4, 5 and 6

Do the same for bombers, though, if you are being attacked by more then 6 bombers, it’s pretty safe to assume you’re already screwed.

Only difference would be SBR since it is gun on bomber, you just roll that normally.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m