• it is almost christmas time and i always wanted Europe or Pacific axis and allies games becasue I loved Axis and Allies. I was just wondering what every1 fav. game? i want to slip :wink: “Santa” :wink: a note which game i want for Christmas

• Ya I was wondering wich one I should hint to :wink: “Santa” :wink: to get for christmas too

• I recomend Europe first, not becuase I like it more, but because it introduces many of the new things about the games and isn’t too terribly overwhelming about it. Not only that, but it is a little easier to handle land battles (of which there are plenty of in Europe) than the complex naval manuvering that is nesiccary in Pacific.

• I picked A&A E for my first A&A game and there is plenty of fun and strategic & tactical challenge! I have not played full A&A nor A&A Pacific, so I cannot compare. However, in my opinion this game stands up very well on its own. We dig the map detailing, the ebb & flow of opportunity and danger between opponents, etc.

I have seen some posts that praise the fluid, sweeping style of play that A&AP affords, with those wide open Pacific spaces. That makes sense, and I see how that would contrast with Europe. However, in A&AE there are various choke points, flanking channels, and timing issues to consider as you direct your energies to bring maximum appropriate force to bear in the right place vs. the right enemy configuration. It is concentrated geographically, but there are tons of options when players are balanced. Good stuff.

• Europe would probly be easier to learn, b/c in Pacific theres like kamikaze and other new stuff.

• I’m leaning towards pacific because I play Japan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m