Moving more tanks through zone with 7 friendly units

• Hi, if I move tanks through zone with lets say 7 friendly land units, can I move only one tank (couse only one unit can pass through zone at time) or I can move eg. 4 tanks (couse I move them one by one so at one moment there are still 8 land units in passing zone). Thanks, Celda

• all non combat movement happens at the same time, so you could only move 1 tank through, unless you move other units out at the same time.

• thanks. and one more question please…. there is tactics card that allows allies to land to adjectent zones. but I dont know, if it means that I
    a) land directly to other zone
    b) land to standard landing zone and immediately move to target zone (so I am limited by room on standard landing zone and other passing zones)
    c) can split army in one landing box to more landing zones.

Thanks again.

Celda

• Pervavita used “non combat” movement. All movement in D-Day is non-combat movement. It is not combat movement in the same sense as it is in Revised or Europe.  :-)

For purposes of movement especially for movement in zones with Allied aircraft, units move one at a time because each unit is subject to be strafed. So for purposes of Armor movement I would posit at first that you could move unit 8 in to a zone and out under movement rules and then move another tank thru.

However. You are supposed to declare all moves at the same time which would be legal to stacking at end of movement so you would only be able to declare one tank moving into the zone.

I looked around over at Avalon Hill and couldn’t find much help with that. It is not in the FAQ: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/axisdday

Neither is your second question. I’m certain B is definitely wrong. A I know is correct.

I have always played that C was allowed but I don’t know if that is official.

• always saw it as “A” my self.

• @Pervavita:

always saw it as “A” my self.

I don’t think we have ever split it up either.  :|

If you need to land in the other zone at all you are usually better off moving all of the units that can land into the adjacent zone instead of the normal zone.

• Official Q&A

Coordinated Landing simply allows you to land units in any of that country’s landing zones regardless of which Beachhead they’re in.  Of course, you must still observe stacking limits.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m