Any suggestions for keeping track of moves?

• Can anyone suggest methods of keeping track of movement points, most specifically for planes.  After multiple combat moves and a few rounds of combat, I found myself forgetting what territories some aircraft came from and how many remaining moves they had.

Also, any suggestions for stacking transports and cargo?  Do you just use the supplied marshaling cards?

• If you are having trouble keeping track of aircraft movement points, use the movement counters that are included in the game.  But don;t put one in each territory along the route the plane followed.  Just count how many spaces the aircraft flew to the battle, and put a counter with that number on it under the aircraft piece.  Then after the battle, you know how far each aircraft flew to get to the battle, and it has the remainder of its legal movement to get to a place to land.

For units on a transport, just put the unit next to the transport on the board.  You will rarely leave units on a transport after the end of your move (except in rare cases in the South Atlantic or South Indian oceans, so it should not be a major issue to keep track of the units that are on transports in those large game spaces that will have very few units in them, or nearby.

• if you are moving a large amount though via sea i personally prefer to rob the fleet markers from Pacific. then i just place the land units on the supplied card with the ships.
    if you don’t have Pacific (and thus don’t know what i mean exactly), it’s the same as what they did for Revised with the army markers only it’s specified for fleets and the marker for the board is a little fleet plastic peace that has a spot to put the country of the fleets marker on it. i prefer this as those little round chips are hard to always notice if your destracted by other battles. i had a transport invasion force hiding in that for an invasion into south Europe one game. the landing force cought my by suprise and i could have avoided it or atleast prevented some of the blow had it been more noticable.
    any way, if you go out and buy another version of A&A, make it Pacific for 2 reasons. 1 the fleet markers, and 2 for the red Japs… i love the red japs, it makes them stand out and i think red is there color  :wink:

• @1SG:

Can anyone suggest methods of keeping track of movement points, most specifically for planes.  After multiple combat moves and a few rounds of combat, I found myself forgetting what territories some aircraft came from and how many remaining moves they had.

Also, any suggestions for stacking transports and cargo?  Do you just use the supplied marshaling cards?

When you put the planes down, you put the ones with 3 movement points on top, 2 movement points in the middle, and 1 movement point on bottom.  Then you take as casualties the ones that have the least movement points left.  Works for me.  (Bombers have more movement, but you can do the same for them, or just remember).  If you like, you could even put some of those aircraft movement markers down to remember how many movement points you have, and put the fighters on top of those.

For transports and cargo, I leave the cargo on the transports in the sea zone.  If resolving an amphibious assault, I do naval combat first then if the transport lives, I move the cargo onto land.

• @newpaintbrush:

@1SG:

Can anyone suggest methods of keeping track of movement points, most specifically for planes.  After multiple combat moves and a few rounds of combat, I found myself forgetting what territories some aircraft came from and how many remaining moves they had.

When you put the planes down, you put the ones with 3 movement points on top, 2 movement points in the middle, and 1 movement point on bottom.  Then you take as casualties the ones that have the least movement points left.  Works for me.  (Bombers have more movement, but you can do the same for them, or just remember).  If you like, you could even put some of those aircraft movement markers down to remember how many movement points you have, and put the fighters on top of those.

Darn good idea, I’m going to definetely do that.

• Any suggestions as to how best to keep track of lands units that already moved in combat move?

Or any other suggestions in general. One of the problems I found (and I’m sure many have found this as well) is after 5 hours of playing AA, players tend to forget details like movement.

• On the subject of fleet markers and army equivalents, there are a few ideas over here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38236.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m