• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

LL is kinda fun.  It’s no ADS, but it’s kinda fun in it’s own right.

I open the challenge for ONE game.  Axis bid of 8 (me) for Inf in Libya, Arm in Algeria.

Submarines roll separate from all other units in both attack and defense.

SBR: 3.5 dmg to defender; 2.5 dmg to attacker per bomber. (3.5 dmg from rockets.) Rounding to be determined by die if rounding is needed. (2 bombers don’t need rounding, they total 7 IPC.)

• I would except we have too many games scheduled as it is. We could make some of our upcoming test games LL just to see how the strategy goes in the long run…?

As long as we apply it to plain games. =)

I need to work on some of my LL skills, and it’s a fun version of the game.  Kinda funny that we have all these people defending LL vs ADS and no one taking the challenge to actually play it. :P

• One word: TripleA  :evil:

• she has stated in the past that it dose NOT work on her computer… as have many other people.  :wink:

@Pervavita:

she has stated in the past that it dose NOT work on her computer… as have many other people.  :wink:

A-men.

TripleA needs to be fixed to work properly on my computer before I can use it.  And even after it works on my computer, I’d want to use the in-site dicey so that the actual results are displayed for all to see, not hidden on some phantom server in the ethereal cloud known as the internet.

• Kinda funny that we have all these people defending LL vs ADS and no one taking the challenge to actually play it. Tongue

Well as usual I manage to evade your generalities, since we’ve already been engaged in a LL game.  :wink:

• thats a shame
    whats the error TripleA giving you?

if you’ve repeated this too many times I am fine with a link to a topic
    which is good too so you won’t end up hijacking your own thread  :wink:

• :roll:
    Hey Jennifer,
    What kind of a rinkydink computer you got?
    Maybe we should pass the hat so Jen can get an upgrade or two  :-P.
    True, some systems do not like the Triple A program.
      I’m a moderator over there now, and I’ll see what I can do for you. Try again to do the download, if it fails, Send me your error reports.
      For a serious game LL is about all I will play anymore. 8-)

HP Dual Processor Laptop with 2 GB ram.

It’s not a rinky dink computers, it’s a rinky dink program that only works in solo mode, not in multiplayer mode.

Probably something to do with ISP + Router + Firewall + Not wanting to get F’ed by hackers. (I get enough of that with a husband, I don’t need more, thanks.)

• I’m rinky dink. 256 RAM with 40 of it onboard video. ;/

From what I hear, and it could just be circumstantial, the OLDER computers run TripleA better then the NEWER, more powerful computers.

• I don’t think the dicey in TripleA is all that hot based on over two years of throwing bones around. The forum dicey however seems to yeild expected results.

• @Crazy:

I’m a moderator over there now…

Elk???  :-D

I’m not a developer for Triplea, just a contributor. I just built a new quad core machine (so new the heat sink paste hasn’t even set up yet) and Triplea runs flawlessly on it. I’ve run Triplea on Mac (OS 9 and X), PC (XP and Vista) and Linux (Various) and I have yet to have a single problem, ever.

If you suspect the trouble may lie in your ISP/Router/Firewall then it’s a true disservice to blame the program as being poor. You’re probably correct in your assumption though since most of the time for networking problems it’s a simple matter of opening the correct port in your firewall/router and configuring Triplea to that port. Another thing to keep in mind is if you run the latest version of Triplea you also need to have the latest version of Java.

As Crazy Elk… er, Ivan said if you need help getting it sorted out just provide a few details. ~ZP

• There are several players who use the PBEM feature of triplea, but for me it’s real time playing, the
    name of the game.
    My experience is that even if triplea is buggy, most people can get it to work.
    It’s only buggy after you start using it, and I never had problems in f2f single player mode, it’s hosting issues and
    sometimes triplea hangs when connected to a hosted game,
    which causes problems, but not so big problem that it’s unplayable.
    If someone for some weird reason don’t wanna play realtime, then might as well use the PBF feature on this board.

You can get just as real time with PBF playing.  Just chose a time, sit down and send rounds back and forth.

• :roll:
      So Jennifer, it is probibly more of a matter of trust in the server than a problem with your machine? I know just how you feel. It is hard sometimes to go outside our comfort zone. And something different is not always better. I for one have few complaints with Triple A, the ladder or how the program works, although today I did have it freeze on me during a roll, (had to restart my computer to get out of it). Nothing is perfect, right?

Back to topic; I prefer LL for the mere fact that the regular dice are more often than not, unkind to me, causing much frustration. I know that I play a better game than my track record shows, and since I’ve begun playing LL it has been a lot less frustrating for me. I win more often, and even the games I’ve lost have not been one sided crushing defeats in 6 rounds. I will play AAR for fun, or to give a newbe a better chance to beat me, but not a serious game against a master Obewon Jedi AA player. I prefer to match wits, not the luck of the die rolls, for that, we can play Craps  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m