• Hi all.

What is this “BID”? In all games that i played (since 1993) i never heard about it. In the Rules Book there’s no mention to the BID.

Please can someone explain it to me? Thank you.

• Welcome to the forum.

You bid the number of IPC you want to play as Axis.
    Depending on what rules you use the IPC can placed as units at game setup, or extra IPC to purchase on the first turn.

The rule book / operations manual does not mention it.
    Its just a common solution the community uses. (Game is unbalanced and against Axis.)

Oh and if you think Axis doesn’t need bid just play against a few experts.
    Its better in revised already. In classics the bids are in the order of 20+ IPC.

• In fact, in Revised, the game is not unbalanced anyway IF you play 4 or 5 players game. With 2 or 3 players, the allied player gets best coordinating thus is a bit unbalanced (only a bit and ony if you go for obsesive KGF)

• @Funcioneta:

In fact, in Revised, the game is not unbalanced anyway IF you play 4 or 5 players game. With 2 or 3 players, the allied player gets best coordinating thus is a bit unbalanced (only a bit and ony if you go for obsesive KGF)

Balancing depends also on the cooperation between players, and skills.
    1vs1 the game is not balanced. 
    It’s true that allies need more cooperation, at least early in the game, axis can cooperate later, but not to that extend.
    The game is not balanced in 2vs2 if the allies are at the same level as the axis players, and have a unified strat.

• I used to think the Allies sucked balls when I first started; I just kept massing tanks with Germany and threw Russia back (same with Japan, double complex + mass tanks LOL). They really are harder to learn to play/coordinate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m