• I’m crossing my fingers that this gets responded to within the next six hours, since thats when I’m going to have to take my next turn.

I am Germany…the game is a KGF game. We’re on round 5 or 6. The Eastern front is, at the moment, manageable. Japan is making slow but steady progress in Asia, and has eliminated the American navy from the Pacific. The Allies are about 2 rounds from retaking Africa in total from Germany.

I have 1 AC, 2 FIGS, 2 subs, 1 TRN in the Baltic…a BB in SZ 13…and 6 FIGS in W Europe

The US fleet is in SZ 10 with 1 AC, 1 Jet Fighter, 1 DST, 1 Sub, 5 TRN
    (don’t ask ME why he’s there…he’s not the greatest with America, the Axis is his strength)

The UK fleet is in SZ 2 with 1 AC, 2 Jet Fighters, 1 DST, 3 TRN

England’s defenses consist of 4 INF and 2 ARM…Englands income is hovering around 20.

I have Luftwaffe Dive Bombers, which means my 8 fighters attack on 4 for the first round if there are no defending aircraft.

Basically, I have the option of attacking England with 1 BB, 8 Luftwaffe Figs, 1 Bom, 1 Arm, and 1 Inf

…there are three significant problems.

1. Britain has Radar…coupled with my lack of ground units, I am likely to lose most, if not all, of my airforce.

2A. Britain has 1 INF in East Canada (the next closest UK ground units are in Libya, BTW). Since Jet Fighters are immune to AA fire, this means I must move my Battleship to SZ 1 to stop a UK retake on UKs subsequent turn.

2B. Not including my BB with the rest of my fleet makes my navy highly vulnerable to the UK on his next turn, especially since I will likely lack fighters.

3. There is nothing to stop a US retake via SZ 8.

Basically, I can take England if I want to…but I’ll suffer very heavy losses in doing so.

…would it be worth my whole airforce to have approx 70 IPCs to spend next round and prevent one round of UK purchases?

…would it be worth my whole airforce AND navy to have approx 70 IPCS to spend next round and prevent TWO rounds of UK purchaes?

…or should I just ignore the possibility??

I am utterly, utterly torn…I cannot decide. What would YOU do?

• If you are confident you can take it, and if you can prevent UK from self-liberating…

GO FOR IT!

UK will lose TWO builds that way…
    1 the turn immediately after Germany takes it
    The second because they will not have collected any income yet even after the US liberation to be able to spend the following turn.

Knocking UK out for 2 turns, plus the extra cash from UK’s treasury is a damn good deal!

• US in SZ 10 makes me kick myself for using my Med Transport in Egypt last turn…I could have BUILT in England!  :-o

But I was leaning towards your recommendation…my fleet will make them pay for not building any Battleships before they are sent to the bottom, at the very least. :-D

• so how’d it go?

dakka dakka?

• 2007 AAR League

yeah, gotta take the UK.

• We want to know how it turned out!

• Worked brilliantly!

Even though I’m an idiot (you can’t get a ship from SZ 13 to SZ 1 in one turn), I went for it. Took England with 1 ARM, losing only 3 fighters.

UK took it back with 1 INF, 2 FIG…and US reinforced with 3 INF, 1 ART, 3 ARM (on 5 transports…as I said before, he’s not the best with America, he failed to send a Fighter either).

I had two transports on my next turn, and since US had failed to land a fighter in England, I still had my Luftwaffe bonus, so I went for it and took UK AGAIN with 1 ARM, losing only 3 more fighters.

I still had my fleet, I still had 2 FIGS, and I’d recieved about 140 IPCs over 2 rounds. With me in control of Africa, Japan making steady progress on all three routes to Moscow, and the US absent from the Pacific, our opponents conceeded.

What I find most amusing was that our strategy all along was to take Moscow. Poor play on Americas part in supporting Britain enabled me to win the game with Germany almost as an afterthought.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m