• What do you guys think are pros/cons of Japan doing some additional supporting maneuvers for Germany?

What I’m talking about is, attack the UK tran off of Egypt on J1, and also attack the tran/sub escaping from Australia.

I avoid doing either one on J1, because of extremely awkward positioning that weakens the other core, necessary attacks, but I was just thinking how it would make Germany’s time in Africa that much easier and make the Allies spend that much more to take it back.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Are you wanting to tempt America into a KJF or pull your units uselessly away from the Pacific?

Just askin.

I’ve seen Japan go for the British fleet in SZ 34.  One of the reasons I don’t like putting it htere.  I prefer a unification in SZ 30.  Switch has shown how Japan can still sink it, but the damage done to the Japanese is so high that they cannot possibly recover in time to save America from p-owning them in the Pacific.

If they ignore it, you take E. Indies and later Borneo for temporary income boosts until you can start kicking Germans out of Africa.

• If the TRN is left alone in SZ34, it dies.

If the TRN is protected by a destroyer and carrier it dies.

If it is alone, I usually have more important things to do.  But if I can get those warships so that Germany doesn’t have to deal with them, it’s worth it. :P

As long as it doesn’t take away from heavy attacks on Pearl and Chi, I’ll sink any lone trn within range of the J airforce.
    If I lose my sub at Sol or something I may bypass the trn to make up for the loss of fodder at Pearl.

Nah, screw Pearl, DM.  Just sink the British transport and leave the American fleet at Pearl alone. =)

Lol!
    Oh yeah, what was I thinking.  :-D

• Isn’t leaving the American fleet at Pearl annoying? Especially, especially if the UK unifies their fleet off of Australia? On R1 take solomons, then on R2 link up with the UK navy sitting on some big IPC island.

As long as it doesn’t take away from heavy attacks on Pearl and Chi, I’ll sink any lone trn within range of the J airforce.

That’s another question of mine, is it worth it to go heavy in Pearl? Usually I just do it light, to free up equipment elsewhere quickly.

If the TRN is left alone in SZ34, it dies.

What do you usually send? 2 fig or bb or some combo?

• Depends on UK’s other naval moves, but it is some portion or combination of units from SZ37

If England goes for the SZ 30 link up, I’ll hit Pearl with everything I got in the hopes of taking only 1 loss or no losses. (BB damaged, but only one ship sunk.)  The idea is to convince the Allies to go away instead of being a pain in my side.

If England takes Borneo/New Guinea then I have to go Pearl Light so I can retake Borneo at least. (Sets me up for Australia as well.)

If England runs away, I usually let them.  I hit Pearl light.

In any event, I never let Pearl live.  America is more then capable of making enough navy to royally piss me off.  England cannot.  Even if they manage an IC in Australia, if the Americans are destroyed, I can send a pair of Battleships and some submarines down to finish off the English while leaving the rest of the fleet to sink anything the Americans put in the water.

I guess what I’m saying is the the English fleet is the lesser of two evils.  The American fleet is the Greater Satan.

• In any event, I never let Pearl live.  America is more then capable of making enough navy to royally piss me off.  England cannot.

OH lol, so your previous statement earlier in the thread was jest. I too think the Americans become way too annoying if you allow Pearl to survive. You have to start landing fighters on carriers out in the ocean which is :( :( :( for taking territories.

Sorry, yea, my earlier post was sarcasm.

• I used to run a Jap strat that called for ignoring the US alltogether including Pearl.  Unify your fleet of Japan and add a destroyer every turn.  If america moves a fleet in range, sink it.  If america comes after Japan that frees Germany to take moscow.  I once posted this strat about a year ago.  if anyone is intrested i’ll find it and post a link.

• @trihero:

What do you guys think are pros/cons of Japan doing some additional supporting maneuvers for Germany?

What I’m talking about is, attack the UK tran off of Egypt on J1, and also attack the tran/sub escaping from Australia.

I avoid doing either one on J1, because of extremely awkward positioning that weakens the other core, necessary attacks, but I was just thinking how it would make Germany’s time in Africa that much easier and make the Allies spend that much more to take it back.

Sometimes UK have 2 inf in Borneo , 1 inf NG, naval units spread all over pacific….  J1…
    Jap’s gonna help Germany take Africa  :roll:
    If allies let Germany have Africa allies will lose.
    Best supporting move(s) for Jap that will help Germany is stacking Novo with everything possible.
    That ain’t gonna happen until J4-J5 but this is the support Jap will give to Germany, and maybe some ftrs.

• Another old idea of mine I was thinking about was sending mass Japanese fighters to Anglo, but it’s pretty awkward to arrive there in time and still have enough pushing power. Plus the Germans still have to provide enough fodder, like 2 inf per turn for many turns when the Allies dump massively in there ; (

I like to build up so Japan has a destroyer and 3 submarines to sit off Hawaii and then leave the Pacific and go after Africa.  That stops America from just putting a transport in SZ 55 and making a dash to grab an island or two.

• Me speaking for USA squad now,

Taking down the Japanese fleet gives you nearly Tokyo in hands,
    You control the pacific, first you run down a few amphi attacks at the little islands, take more IPC, and have an amazing assault on Tokyo, it will fall in a matter of 1 battle, maybe they can stand their ground, but the next turn they are lost,

No Japanese fleet is just a time bomb for Tokyo. In that case I would 100% go for KJF.

So when you are Japan, control that bloody pacific or get slaughtered.

• Taking down the Japanese fleet gives you nearly Tokyo in hands,
    You control the pacific, first you run down a few amphi attacks at the little islands, take more IPC, and have an amazing assault on Tokyo, it will fall in a matter of 1 battle, maybe they can stand their ground, but the next turn they are lost,

Personally I find it super annoying to assault Tokyo after you take out the islands. They probably have something lame like a stack of 20 inf, and if you want to constantly pound them with 4 transports of men, it takes a 4x4 to go between W. Canada and Japan -_-! I get so lazy after I wipe out the Japanese navy, I’m like eh I’ll just build battleships and shell them away!  :evil:

ICs on the mainland and walk your infantry to Manchuria.  Then you don’t need a 4x4 you can use an 8x1 =)

Anyway I find once you get all the islands you want, Japan usually has a stack closer to 50 infantry, 20 armor and a half dozen fighters on it.  Better to just ignore it with your fleet there (to prevent them from building navy) and push reinforcements to Russia.  With Japan limited to 8 IPC a round, Germany’s going to fall.

• Hmm I don’t like leaving an enemy behind me. Tokyo could slowly build up fighters, which means another small drain on the US economy to make sure that they can’t break the naval lock. But maybe you have to ignore it and first liberate Russia because it would take too long otherwise…?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m