11 PBEM games under my belt, looking for more

• I’ve got 11 completed PBEM A&A Miniatures matches under my belt and I’m lloking for a few more.

If you are interested in playing please let me know!

No worries if you have never done play-by-email or used MapView before, I’ll walk you through everything.

Mot

• I’d like to give PBEM A&AM a try. PM or email me and let me know what type of game you have in mind.

Thanks,

Brian

• PM sent

• OK, I have MapView installed and running. The A&AM moudles have been loaded. So far so good …

• Founder TripleA Admin

You two know how to use the dice here right?

;dice 3d6;  <– replace the ; with :
    DiceRolling 3d6:
    (3, 6, 6)

• Founder TripleA Admin

If we get enough players interested, we could hold a tournament?

• Cobalt,

We usually play (using the integrated roller as mentioned), down in the “Game in Progress” forum.

Here is the thread for the last completed game we had, #11:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=9989.0

You can se the way you interact with the dice roller.  You can even attach the map file directly to the message board (though I would often just email it to him…so much for consistancy  :-D).

One thing to note about attaching maps, the the A&A.org forum only allows you to attach MapView files with the .mvf extension.  Custom written modules (as most are these days actaually) default to an extension of .cmf.  Therefore, when creating a NEW game, be sure to select the mvf file format.

On a technical note, the reason for the difference was that the map files used to have a different format.  Over the various version I’ve been bringing them back into alignment.  At this point the cmf extension is just for backwards compatibility, and you could just rename the extension if you wantd to.

I’ll attach the game file for #11 for review.  I suggest you scroll the map history tabs back to the right all the way to Inital Setup and then just walk forward through history and see the game progress.  Note the use of the comments to denote the success and hits, while the rolls are copy-pasted into the “Extended Comments” area, meaning you can right click on the comments to see the roll.

Any questions, post them here!

Mot

[attachment deleted by admin]

• @djensen:

If we get enough players interested, we could hold a tournament?

Sure, if enough people are interested.

As we’ve been playing Stimpy and I have been building a list of improvements to the mdoules to improve game-play so with summer almost over I might actually start having time to make it better before a tourney.  (Things like extra icons or arrows, etc).

Also, I’ve only got Set 1 in there, though if you ask me thats a good thing.  Do a tourney with Set 1.  Then do another with the addition of Set 2. Etc, etc.  Kind of like reliving the birth of the game, long before all the current strife you see with the game after set 5.

Mot

• Just for those new to AAM or MapView, here is a screen from a game (slightly squished):

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9517.0;attach=5985;image

Mot

• OK, so really squished  :roll:

You get the idea though…

• Anyone else want to play a Set 1 game?

Mot

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m