• Why is it alouded in AAR that you can build a new Industrial Complex for 15IC, but in AAE your not alowed to build anymore of them than the ones you start with?

• For game balance reasons - it’s a different game.  If you’re Germany, you don’t really need any new ICs.  If you’re the Allies, allowing an IC in Europe would make it too easy for the Allies to win.  It’s already hard enough to win as Germany as it is.

• Personally, I would like to see an Industrial Center in Egypt, as otherwise there is no way for the UK to reinforce Egypt other than by conquering all of North Africa, or by sending a big convoy through the Med.  I am not a fan of sending big convoys through the Med. I can see the no new ICs from a game balance standpoint, but Egypt is a major problem.

Anyone have any alternate strategies of reinforcing Egypt?

• The AAE 1939 scenario says that there is an IC in egypt, but britian can only place 1 unit there or in the seazone a turn, to me thats good idea.

• @timerover51:

Personally, I would like to see an Industrial Center in Egypt, as otherwise there is no way for the UK to reinforce Egypt other than by conquering all of North Africa, or by sending a big convoy through the Med.  I am not a fan of sending big convoys through the Med. I can see the no new ICs from a game balance standpoint, but Egypt is a major problem.

Anyone have any alternate strategies of reinforcing Egypt?

This is not a big issue in AAE for two reasons:  (1) Russia can reinforce the Middle East from its territory, and (2) Germany needs to concentrate its forces in Europe.  Germany cannot really afford to devote too much attention to holding Egypt, because it will cost Germany dearly elsewhere.  Germany has to worry about preparing for the D-Day invasion while simultaneously bulking up to take Russia.  Holding the Middle East is a low priority compared to these objectives.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m