Group Details Private

Sponsor 2013

no description available

Member List
  • RE: What's New at Historical Board Gaming?

@Midnight_Reaper:

The only problem I have with HBG’s new flight markers is that they stop at 6. Between long range aircraft tech and air bases, if I’m getting a set of flight range markers, I’d like them to go up to at least 8, if not 9.

But that’s me.

-Midnight_Reaper

We can add 7,8, and 9 if there are people who want them.
    problem is that my guage was only designed to 6 :-o

posted in Marketplace
  • RE: WTB HBG Pieces

@calvinhobbesliker:

Will the British and American full sets also be restocked this month? I think all the individual pieces I want are in stock, but the cheaper combined sets are not.

Also, will the A&A 1941 German Tiger 1, Japanese Transport, and American P40 be restocked?

Full Sets will no longer be restocked
    We restock others on a regular basis.

posted in Marketplace

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Battle-Pieces–Global-War-1936-Base-Set_p_2499.html

:-D@wimo08:

I don’t know the rules about placing links, but I can tell you where to find them.  Go the HBG website.  Then the following: Home > HBG Battle Pieces > Battle Pieces By Country > See All Battle Pieces.  On this page you will find it.

posted in Marketplace

They are suppose to ship to Tulsa next week, give us some time to QC and we will ship with 4 weeks.
    it took way too long

posted in Marketplace

@11H5M:

Awesome, thanks!  Apparently your previous customers think a lot of them…

We will be restocking, neutrals, Germany, Russia, and Japanese as well as our 1936 base set.

posted in Marketplace

Will have some in November.

posted in Marketplace
  • RE: HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

@jim010:

So is there any word on the French units that were announced some time ago?  Love to give coach my money for those!

We are working on them, getting a lot of pieces in Late October and November, Base 1936 plus refills for Japanese, Germans, neutrals, etc

posted in Marketplace
  • RE: Spanish civil war- may/must???- Global war 1936

It is says: One side may claim victory when all opposing forces have been eliminated from the
    six Spanish peninsula land zones (not including overseas islands and colonies).

Does this mean that nationalists do not have to declare victory if they do not want to or nationalists automatically win as soon as there are no more Republicans regardless of whether they want or not? (there are still Republicans territory)

Good question, and I think a better intepretation of the rule is that the Spanish Civil War ends at this point, there is no “option” to claim as the word “may” seems to indicate.

Example: The Republican intentionally make suicide attack to lose all units before the German attack on Russia and theirs aligning of Nationalists and Republicans. So Spain become Nationalists and they will Align with Germany at the
    end of combat phase if the Axis have possession of either London or both Gibraltar and the Suez Canal. One strategy I have seen is the Germans stall the war out so that both sides Align and as soon s they do the Germans whack Gibraltar from Spain.  Certainly viable although later in the game Spain is the first place hit by the US or Britain.

@Veldin:

It is says: One side may claim victory when all opposing forces have been eliminated from the
    six Spanish peninsula land zones (not including overseas islands and colonies).

Does this mean that nationalists do not have to declare victory if they do not want to or nationalists automatically win as soon as there are no more Republicans regardless of whether they want or not? (there are still Republicans territory)

Example: The Republican intentionally make suicide attack to lose all units before the German attack on Russia and theirs aligning of Nationalists and Republicans. So Spain become Nationalists and they will Align with Germany at the
    end of combat phase if the Axis have possession of either London or both Gibraltar and the Suez Canal.

posted in Global War
  • RE: HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

@Ben_D:

Is it just me or did the French set just slip under the radar without anyone noticing?  Of all the sets HBG had on the go, the French one was the best one; from an economic perspective especially.  I don’t understand why they produce obscure/fringe-type units that very few people will be interested in, such as Sea Planes when they can produce a set that can replace several thousand pieces.  The interest is there for it, I’ve asked around.  I don’t get it…

We are working on a complete set. We showed it on our Facebook Page.

posted in Marketplace
  • RE: HBG'S Amerika

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I made a couple of videos on how to play Amerika if you’re interested. I made up some player aides as well if you’re new to the game. They are in the description box of the video and you can download them for free.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v5lmDKDPTc&t=2411s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvXRnepEif8

Very Cool!

posted in Other Games