The holidays are right around the corner and we have some great suggestions for you this year for great Axis & Allies gifts.
All prices below are subject to change and were only accurate at the time of writing.
- Axis & Allies Spring 1942, Amazon, $29.28
- This is the most recent incarnation of the original classic game. If the person for whom you are buying the gift is still playing 2nd Edition or Revised, then this is a great upgrade.
- Axis & Allies Europe 1940, Field Marshal Games, $89.99
- This is the newest installment of the Axis & Allies board games and is a must have for the die hard A&A player. It focuses on the European theatre of World War II but it can also be combined with Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 to form an epic Axis & Allies game. It is difficult to find so save money bidding on eBay for this one and get it from Field Marshal Games.
- Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, Amazon, $69.67
- This version of Axis & Allies has been out for a while but is still a great game, which focuses on the Pacific theatre of World War II. This is required to play the global rules with Axis & Allies Pacific 1940.
- Axis & Allies 50th Anniversary Edition, eBay
- Although the 50th Anniversary Edition is now out of print, it is still a very popular version on the game and your best bet for purchasing this game is on eBay.
- Axis & Allies War at Sea: Surface Action, Amazon, $19.48
- This is the latest installment in the Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures series, released this past October 2011. The boosters are still available for sale.
- Axis & Allies War at Sea, eBay
- A great way to fill in the blanks for any collection of miniatures is to bid on eBay for the missing units.
- Axis & Allies Miniatures, eBay
- It has been over a year since the last set of Axis & Allies [Ground] Miniatures was released so, again, your best bet for acquiring pieces from this set is eBay.
Over the past few years there has been an explosion of new accessories that are compatible with the Axis & Allies board games. Need paper money or chips to represent your IPCs, that’s available. Want more detailed playing pieces for the board, those are available too.
- Combat Units – Italy, Field Marshal Games, $39.99
- I have a set of these and I can say that this is a high quality product sure to make any Axis & Allies enthusiast happy. It includes 140 pieces with two types of tanks, including one with a moveable turret, commander soldiers, half-tracks, trucks, and more.
- Combat Chips, Field Marshal Games, $12.99
- Need more chips to supplement your A&A games? These are slightly larger than the standard chips but are still 100% compatible.
- Combat Dice, Field Marshal Games, $29.99
- You can never have too many dice when playing Axis & Allies so why not play with World War II themed dice?
- WW2 Battle Bucks, Historical Board Gaming, $7.95
- The Axis & Allies board games no longer include paper money to represent IPCs so Historical Board Gaming has stepped in with some highly detailed production certificates.
- WW2 Marines (Dark Green), Historical Board Gaming, $8.95
- You can use these plastic playing pieces to supplement your existing Axis & Allies games.
- Airfield Tokens, Litko, $5.99
- Replace your hard to see cardboard airfield tokens with these easy to spot tokens.
- Naval Base Tokens, Litko, $5.99
- Just like the airfield tokens, these are much easier to spot.
Axis & Allies.org has been selling a wide variety of t-shirts on Zazzle for a few years now.
Check out our t-shirt store on Zazzle for great A&A.org and WWII themed t-shirts.
Other War Games
As much as we love Axis & Allies, there are other great war games and board games out there.
- Ikusa, Amazon, $61.05
- From the makers of Axis & Allies, this game was originally released as Shogun, then re-released as Samurai Swords. It is now called Ikusa and includes very high quality pieces with only minor clarifications to the rules.
- Conquest of the Empire, Amazon, $25.00
- This was once a Milton Bradley Gamemaster Series game, like Axis & Allies, but over the past several years, it has been brought to you by Eagle Games.
- Fortress America, eBay
- The hope is that one day this classic Milton Bradley Gamemaster game will be re-released but in the meantime, the best option for acquiring this game is eBay.
About the Author (Author Profile)
David Jensen has been operating Axis and Allies.org since 2000 and writing about Axis & Allies since 1997.