• I was just wondering what you guys do with say 18 IPC’s if you were to put them all in Africa. 6 inf in Libya? Should you say leave 1 or 2 inf in Algeria to deter an American troop drop off in US1? Any tanks? Does a Power Africa bid leave Europe too vulnerable?

• 2007 AAR League

PAfr is fun to play.  I would put it all in LIB.  You can always move it back to ALG on G1 non combat moves if you want to.

It does leave the motherland pretty empty, so you might want to consider putting a few inf in EEU just to be safe.  You should still have enough to take and hold EGY through UK1.

With 18, I’d probably go:

1 inf EE
    1 inf Man
    4 inf Lib

or

1-2 inf Man
    5-4 inf Lib

• 2007 AAR League

Right.  Forgot about the inf in MAN.  I wouldn’t put 2 inf there though.  One is enough IMO to prevent an R1 and Germany needs the help more.

• Well, I played the game last night and I put 2 tanks and 2 inf on Libya, and gave Japan 2 IPC’s. However, I lost the German transport on the second round, and the allies took back Africa even though I had the whole continent. I was going with inf and trn for Japan, and although they had lots of territory, there were too many allied troops in Russia to take it over.

I realize that Germany needs a constant flow of troops into Africa if they want to stay in the game, not unlike Don’s Axis & Allies essay that says that Germany is supposed to dump 4 inf per turn into Africa.

• 2007 AAR League

If the allies want Africa, there’s not a damn thing the Axis can do about it.  Of course, if the Allies want Africa that bad, it’s quite possible they will have left themselves weak somewhere else (Europe/Asia?) and the Axis may be able to exploit that to great success.

• First of all you are already behind with a 18 bid, I believe the bids for classic were around 24 for a PA bid. (2 inf man, 2 inf EEU and 4 inf Lib) Means you will take Egypt with around 4 inf and an arm. The Allies can bring 3 inf (2 ind, 1 syr) 1 bmb and 1 fig. This will end in mutual destruction in the worst case scenario (in LL) for the allies. => Allies can counter a PA bid very easy kicking back the germans to the continent really fast and destroy the Axis bid in almost one turn completely. Only thing is that the Allies leave gaps in Asia and then the race begins (which capital falls faster, Mos or Berlin).

You can take some more risks as the Axis to have a better shot at the Allies, bet 1 inf in Manch (1 inf extra to lib) and take Syr on G1 as well, so it will be almost impossible to retake AES on UK1. Risky moves wich can cost you the game if they don’t succeed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m