• Im new to this game, but I have menaged to wipe out the british fleet in the Atlantic (accept those at canada) with all my u-boats and planes (range permitting). This leaves the convoys open, but you can pick those up the next turn. Has anyone else tried this? It has worked everytime I have done this. Last, is this against any rules? As I said Im new to this. Thanks

• You are doing absolutely nothing wrong by using this strategy, it’s completely kosher. If you’re going to leave the US Navy alone then whatever subs you have left probably won’t survive two turns. After the N. Atlantic is clear the brits can build a nice new navy and the Germans haven’t acheived much except perhaps an extra turn.

• @bossk:

You are doing absolutely nothing wrong by using this strategy, it’s completely kosher. If you’re going to leave the US Navy alone then whatever subs you have left probably won’t survive two turns. After the N. Atlantic is clear the brits can build a nice new navy and the Germans haven’t acheived much except perhaps an extra turn.

But of course, if you manage to take a few convoy routes en passant, then the brits don’t have the money for a nice navy for another turn otr two, which might jsut be the turns you need to fight down russia. Plus: the brits won’t be able to commit any ressources to the battle in the east.

• agreed with bossk and F_alk;
    that “extra turn” can be a life-saver for a struggling Germany (and the death knell for Russia). The thing is to measure what you’re killing in productivity - i.e. “x” ipc’s for the british fleet vs. “y” ipc’s/round*z rounds of not having the convoy centers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m