• Hey all,

I hate making new topics left and right but I haven’t seen any thing like this come up before.

Has any one toyed with the idea of a hospital? I haven’t played AAM very long do they even have medics? Just thought I would bring it up its a good debate any way even if its not a good idea to put into play.

-LT04

• @losttribe04:

Hey all,

I hate making new topics left and right but I haven’t seen any thing like this come up before.

Has any one toyed with the idea of a hospital? I haven’t played AAM very long do they even have medics? Just thought I would bring it up its a good debate any way even if its not a good idea to put into play.

-LT04

There are no medical units, and I’m doubtful (but not sure) that there will ever be any. They simply don’t fit the scale of the game, and if they were made would be rather… silly. A doctor isn’t going to be able to patch up a squad of soldiers enough to throw them back into battle in a minute or so. It’s just not… realistic.  That being said, it’s not a given that they won’t appear.

For my 2c I’d rather not see them at anything other than perhaps a strategic level, for which you don’t particularily need a model.

• well what if ur units can be healed it is realistic just have a unit pickup an injured unit within 2 turns or gone permanatly then bring him to the hostpital for 3-5 turns to heal

• I haven’t ruled out the idea yet.  I think it could be done.  Your idea seems to be logical.

LT

• I too have been thinking about this.  What about a casualty evacuation system that removes the dead from the battlefield.  One infantry unit could move another away from contact towards the rear.  A vehicle (good job for the new trucks) could then speed the dead units to the rear where points are gained for succesful evacuation.

• @Audacity:

I too have been thinking about this.  What about a casualty evacuation system that removes the dead from the battlefield.  One infantry unit could move another away from contact towards the rear.  A vehicle (good job for the new trucks) could then speed the dead units to the rear where points are gained for succesful evacuation.

Well that might work the best.  You don’t save the soldier but you get points for battlefield triage (not sure about the spelling on that one).

• is this still going on because i thought of somthing else similar.
    Heavy Weapon Pickups.
    Use assault phase to pick-up a heavy weapon(mg-42,BAR,Bren MG) etc even use artillary you know sacrifice a unit adjacent or in the same hex to use it.

• I wonder if you could incorperate them the same way AAGC has a base for damaged ships.

LT

• anybody else.

• Hello, just to answer your qestion there are no medics in A and A.  But otherwise that is a pretty good idea.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I was always suprised that each nation wasn’t given a medic unit, whether it be a vehicle or a infantry unit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m