Hello all, newcomer to the board and…..

• And I own the board game, and I just bought the Cd version( in mail on way). So I am now looking for some people who want to play. Anyone will do, the better you are, the better I’ll become in time.

Anyways, hope to meet some good players and have some fun.

• @Death:

And I own the board game, and I just bought the Cd version( in mail on way). So I am now looking for some people who want to play. Anyone will do, the better you are, the better I’ll become in time.

Anyways, hope to meet some good players and have some fun.

and i look forward to owning YOU!!!
    :mrgreen:
    jk - welcome, have fun!

• 2007 AAR League

WELCOME.  :-)

enter at your own risk!  :evil:

• :oops: I’m scared now….

So do most on here PBEM, or play on CD?

• Sorry double post. But I’m trying to read about PBEM and I don’t understand some stuff like:

Do the players have the game in a computer program, or do they set up their Board at home.

And does the dicey make all rolls for the defender automaticly?

• 2007 AAR League

We have a map program that we “plot” the units on and uses a web based dicey to roll our dices.  (and writes out our moves before in a thred of course)

• @Death:

Sorry double post. But I’m trying to read about PBEM and I don’t understand some stuff like:

Do the players have the game in a computer program, or do they set up their Board at home.

And does the dicey make all rolls for the defender automaticly?

In answer to the first question…
    BOTH, and more.

There are folks (like me) who have a game board and post detailled moves.
    There are folks who use various programs (MapView, Abattlemap) to post/track moves and e-mail the file back and forth
    There are folks who use TripleA, which I THINK has the potential for direct “live play” linkage (not 100% sure on that)
    And with either of the first two, you can play either type of gamer.  I routinely play folks who use electronic mapping eventhough I use my own board (a little more work for them on to post my moves to their game file)

Yes, the Diceys handle both sides of combat.  But in cases where you as the defender want control of your losses instead of “standard order of loss” you simply make that clear up front, and then you simply get a “number of hits” result that you assign to specific units before the next round of combat is rolled.

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

There are folks who use TripleA, which I THINK has the potential for direct “live play” linkage (not 100% sure on that)

Yep, TripleA supports live play, PBEM, PBF, and play versus someone else using Battlemap, Mapview, physical board.

@ncscswitch:

Yes, the Diceys handle both sides of combat. But in cases where you as the defender want control of your losses instead of “standard order of loss” you simply make that clear up front, and then you simply get a “number of hits” result that you assign to specific units before the next round of combat is rolled.

Just to add to this, it is the attacker who assigns defender casualties while they are rolling the dice, based on Standard Order of Loss (SOL - jk  :-D)

If the defender wants to micromanage a particular battle, he/she let’s the attacker know ahead of time and then the attacker rolls each round and waits for the defender to specify the losses.

• 2007 AAR League

If the defender wants to micromanage a particular battle, he/she let’s the attacker know ahead of time and then the attacker rolls each round and waits for the defender to specify the losses.

It´s usually so that the attacker asks what the OOL will be (order of loss) if he/she does something crazy and unexpected.

• @Death:

:oops: I’m scared now….

So do most on here PBEM, or play on CD?

Fear of the Lord is teh beginning of wisdom.

ph33r meh!

I play PBEM with TripleA.  IT’S JUST THAT EASY!

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

• Thank you everyone, for the tips. I think I’m ready to get in there. :-D

• Haha, last question( for now :-P )….

Does tripleA have the revised version? I’m looking at the screenshots and the map looks different then the game I have( less territories between Germany, and Russia)

Which Download is the revised?

• 2007 AAR League

It has all versions, but you need to press the button “load game” to load the correct game file (revised).

It´s a bit confusing at first glance.

• Ok…so I have downloaded TripleA, and I also have the cd-rom version.

But I can not find a freeware version with the revised map( its the only version I have played)

Does everyone play the revised rules on the original map?

And if there is a download to play the redesigned map, can I get a link?

• 2007 AAR League

The revised map is contained in your tripleA download.  Nix posted directions on how to load it instead of the classic map:

@Nix:

It has all versions, but you need to press the button “load game” to load the correct game file (revised).

It´s a bit confusing at first glance.

To verify that you have the revised map, you can browse to the folder that you installed TripleA in (c:\program files\triplea is the default on a windows machine I think), and then browse down through triplea_0_9_0_2\games.  The file revised.xml should be sitting in this folder, which means you already have the revised map, you just need to load it as per Nix’s instructions above.

• My bad, I thought she meant on the site I DL it from. Thanks

So…How wants a game?

• Ok am I missing a new rule? I am attacking Anglo Egypt, On the defenses 1 Arm, 1 Fighter. But it is rolling 3 dice, then after that round I attack again( only the defending Fighter left) and It gets 2 dice rools both hits taking out my 2 remaining attackers( 1 Arm, 1 Inf)

?? Do Fighters get to roll a dice for every attacking Piece??

• 2007 AAR League

No, Anglo Egypt starts with 1 inf 1 arm 1 fgt.  Hence the extra roll each round of combat.

• Alright I got it all set, so someone let me know if you would like a game or two :evil:

• Try posting in, or answering a post in, this area:

Find Players and Game Discussion
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=52.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m