• This I guess would be more of a question to the allies I can’t see Germany putting one there when they have one in SE. I can’t see Japan putting one there b/c if they are headed that way they would put one in India to keep it a little closer in the event it need additional reinforcements are needed. So this only leaves the UK as a possibility so as the UK would any of you consider putting a IC in Africa? Just wondering what your thought s are on the matter.

-LT04

• 2007 AAR League

I have seen both Japan and UK build an IC in Africa.  I think it more likely successful for Japan (in Egypt).  Japan will usually own Tr-J (so have free passage through the suez) and have much of it’s navy near sz34, so defending this complex is not difficult.  If the allies are landing in ALG then this supplements the troops that Japan can shuttle over using transports.  If the allies leave Africa alone this complex can still be used to add to the japanese navy in sz34 or to produce ground troops to walk to Persia from there.

• ive built one as germany.  it worked ok.  It allowed me to control most of africa, plus I was able to sneak some arm up into southern russia.

• I have built one in Egypt as Germany… let me tell you, it brings a LOT of heat down from the US into Africa.  Allies really do NOT want Axis to have a complex in Africa.

~Josh

• @losttribe04:

This I guess would be more of a question to the allies I can’t see Germany putting one there when they have one in SE. I can’t see Japan putting one there b/c if they are headed that way they would put one in India to keep it a little closer in the event it need additional reinforcements are needed. So this only leaves the UK as a possibility so as the UK would any of you consider putting a IC in Africa? Just wondering what your thought s are on the matter.

-LT04

If I was in a game in which the winner was INDIVIDUALLY determined on basis of territory, or if I didn’t have much confidence in my Allies, I would build an industrial complex in S. Africa with UK.  African IPCs are too difficult to protect otherwise.

If I was playing Japan, Anglo’s a better bet than S. Africa for fleet reinforcement.

• I didn’t think that so many Axis players would have an intrest in Africa. Thats very intresting.

The strategy I use as UK has been criticized time and time again. On UK 1 I buy 2 IC’s place one in India and the other in S Africa. I use the S Africa IC to hold / retake Africa using only ARM.  Once complete All the ARM will move to reinforce India. I have also found this helps deter the Axis from coming back unless they can muster a sizeable force to combat 2 ARM per turn reinforcement till they get to S Africa to squelch it. Some times it works unless Japan is very aggressive and takes India early on then I have to build the sizeable force to retake India.

-LT04

• 2007 AAR League

Have you tried this 2 IC strat after a GER1 baltic fleet build?  Including transports?

• I’m gonna level with you I’m the only strategic minded one in my group the others rely on their Superior math skills to use economic and statistical advantage over me that and they are both some what green still. So as the allies I have never seen a German Navy there only in SE for the perpose of taking Africa.

-LT04

• also another good point to bring up is I just bought revised recently so we are all still getting our feet wet.

-LT04

• 2007 AAR League

I think that building an IC in Africa is a waste for any country.
    Axis as you said have ICs close enough usually and besides only 1 unit a turn (besides Egypt and UOSA) is not worth it.
    Even 2 units per turn isn’t worth it might as well just ship troops with transports

• I would agree.

A 1 or 2 unit IC is NOT a good buy in most cases (with certain specialized exceptions like a USA IC in Sinkiang). 
    Hell, I am not fond of new IC’s in 3 IPC territories, but I have little choice as Japan to do so.

• I have never tried an african IC.  The India IC usually becomes a Japanese IC so I don’t highly recommend that move.

• anyone ever take egypt or another african territory with russia. i don’t know why you would have them down there.

• I would not buy one in Algeria
    I would not want one in Libya
    I do not care where you go
    I would not own one in the Congo
    Though you may think its very hip
    I will not put one in Egypt
    I do not like them on the continent
    I do not like them own or rent

(Read this like “Sam I am”) - Sorry the guiness is flowing heavy tonite… :-D

• @ankmcfly:

I would not buy one in Algeria
    I would not want one in Libya
    I do not care where you go
    I would not own one in the Congo
    Though you may think its very hip
    I will not put one in Egypt
    I do not like them on the continent
    I do not like them own or rent

(Read this like “Sam I am”) - Sorry the guiness is flowing heavy tonite… :-D

Thanks Dr. Suess!

• To bad I missed the party, I’d drink to that.  :-D

-LT04

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m