• So my friends and I have never played a game with a bid, and I’m eager to introduce the use of a bid in our games…problem is, I haven’t done it before.  :-P

Can someone sum up the bid process for me? I gathered that everyone secretly writes down a number (of IPCs) and the lowest numbers get Germany and Japan respectively, but I might be wrong.

Help a nooblet!  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

The bidding is for which side gets the Axis not which axis country. The total bid can be divided between Germany or Japan however your team sees fit. The bidding around here is usually between 5-7 IPC’s but if you guys are having trouble getting the Axis to win then work your way up each game until it becomes competetive.

• I still have yet to do a bid….

• What U-505 said is standard, but I think that for new players, it would be best for players to specify one set of bids for Germany and another set of bids for Japan - written on the same paper.  AFTER deciding how bids are to be used, of course . . . (make clear if bids can be placed on the board, and what the rules for placement are, generally they are that units can only be placed in territories that already have units in them; sometimes only half the bids can be placed and the other half of the bid is retained in the country’s IPC bank, sometimes units placed are limited to one unit per territory, sometimes there are added strictures placed on the game like “No invasion of London on G1”, because if not, a German bid of 8 would result in Baltic transport and G1 Sea Lion with long range aircraft.

So player A, for example, would write “Germany 10, Japan 3”, and submit it.  Player B would write “Germany 5, Japan 5”.  Player C would write “Germany 6, Japan 9”.

The winners would be player A with Germany 10, and Player C with Japan 9 Player B with Germany 5, and Player A with Japan 3.

That way, the Axis have a wee bit more of an advantage, but the Axis are not handicapped severely.  That is, say Player C specifically wanted 3 infantry in French Indochina, and was really only willing to play Japan if that was the case.  If the bid had depended on the OVERALL bid, then perhaps Player C would have ended up playing Germany with 5 IPC . . . and Player C would have been unhappy, not playing the country he wanted, and not having the bid he wanted for Germany. same thing with new examples and no crack pipe.

I think the Axis need all they can get.

(edit) wee crack! thx for the fix.  Oooo the pun. (/edit)

• 2007 AAR League

I disagree with one part of NPB’s post.  The LOWEST bidder should be awarded the country, not the highest bidder.

Otherwise I bid 7 million and o lookee here I get to play Germany with 7 million extra IPC?

• @rjclayton:

I disagree with one part of NPB’s post.  The LOWEST bidder should be awarded the country, not the highest bidder.

Otherwise I bid 7 million and o lookee here I get to play Germany with 7 million extra IPC?

(sigh) I was so gonna kick Aretaku’s ass and get that beer.

NOW SEE WAT U DID!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m