• Attacking Subs
    1.     Can subs retreat during different combat cycles to other retreating attacking units?
    2.     If so, do they have to  submerge together, or can they submerge separately as individual units (ie during different combat cycles)??

Defending Subs
    3.      Do subs have to submerge together in same combat cycle, or can they submerge as individual units in different combat cycles?

• 2007 AAR League

All subs have to act together, but can act independently of other units in battle.

• @rjclayton:

All subs have to act together, but can act independently of other units in battle.

This is wrong.  Craig has it correct above.  One thing he didn’t mention is that one/some/all attacking subs may even submerge in the same cycle that the rest of the attacking force retreats.

From the rulebook (pg 32, emphasis mine):

A submarine may submerge in combat after the attacker and defender have fired, regardless of
    what other units do.Â

This verifies that each sub’s ability to submerge is independent of the actions of the other units involved in the combat.

Now, my question:  who sumberges first in a scenario where there are subs on both sides?  Attacking subs or defending subs?  Does it matter?

~Josh

• Yeah I know… I was just adding it as an interesting point.

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

Hey, thanks for the correction.

• thanx guys you’ve all been a great help :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m