• I played one game already and the axis whooped me bad i want to get revenge so if any body has any good suggestions please speak up. Thanks

• I know this really good forum where lots of people have posted just the suggestions you’re looking for!

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=43.0

~Josh

• thanks

• No problem… just kidding around…  :-D

What I’m trying to say is that your question is very general, and if you want general advice, there’s tons of it here if you just wade through the forums.  If you have more specific questions, you’ll probably get a lot more specific answers.

~Josh

• OK well what are some opinions on how to give it to the axis hard on the allies first turn. I know Russia needs to bulk up on inf but who should the US go after first and what should the UK do.

• the US is sorta limited on it’s first turn for actually attacks.  Retaliating to Pearl if it was attacked and landing in Algeria are about the only thing they can do attack-wise on US1.  They are just gearing up for the war and have to get all that production moving and setup for attacks in the next few rounds. 
      You may not want to try and win the game in round 1, historically the real war went on for 4+ years from the start of the game, so what’s important is winning it.  If it takes a few rounds, don’t sweat it.

• OK so should US go after Germ first or japs, or should they try and do a balanced approach

• Most folks go after Germany first (called KGF on these boards)

• 2007 AAR League

But that is of course “optional”, i also belive more and more are directing recourses against Japan, becuse it has been shown time and time again that an unrestricted Japan is a “killer”.

But if the allies want to Hit Axis first round you can do some of this (or all)

Russia hits West Russia, and maybe Belorussia, Rusia sends 6 inf to Buryatia, 2 Arm Yakut to threthen a Incursion.

UK hits French indo china with 3 inf, 1 fig, hoping to wipe them out (or thinning down Japans troop levels), Dest to SZ59 kill trn (im beginning to lose faith in that dest thought…)

This might slow Japan down, a while, since it might get risky for him to buy a IC on the mainland.

• @Nix:

This might slow Japan down, a while, since it might get risky for him to buy a IC on the mainland.

Nope, you can still get one… just not placed in as optimal of a position.

• 2007 AAR League

for me that is a win  :evil:

• @roor420:

I played one game already and the axis whooped me bad i want to get revenge so if any body has any good suggestions please speak up. Thanks

In general you need a short term goal, a mid term goal and a long term goal. The long term goal of course is victory but you should pick a slightly more specific one. I advocate as Allies the long term goal of acheiving victory by capturing Berlin or Kill Germany First. Then we have our mid term goal- Establish a flow of UK and US troops to Europe and dig in deep at Moscow. Short term goals are where things get sticky. The short term goals will be highly situational and must always be flexible. This is really the nuts and bolts and the answers to your question.

If you’ve looked around here at the discussions and threads and maybe followed some of the games you will know there is no easy answers or even simple answers. This whole board exsists for the purpose of discussing (okay arguing) over the what are the best answers. There aren’t any do this and you’ll win the game things anyone can tell you. You’ll have to play, and play and read some threads and play and go back and play some Chess and Backgammon and then play some more.

These are some of the precepts I use to try and stay on goal.

1. Pick a plan and stick to it. That it isn’t working “right now” doesn’t mean it isn’t working.
    2. Ships are vital but the sea doesn’t have any victory cities.
    3. Germany doesn’t get a navy for long.
    4. Be more concerned with the certain paths to defeat than the uncertain paths to Victory. If you know what is wrong it is easier to find what is right.

• @murraymoto:

You may not want to try and win the game in round 1, historically the real war went on for 4+ years from the start of the game, so what’s important is winning it.  If it takes a few rounds, don’t sweat it.

the game starts in august 1942. the war ended in august 1945. if each turn is 3 months long then that would be like 12 turns. for 4 months then it would be 9 turns. so you should win withen 9-12 rounds to do as well as the allies did.

• 2007 AAR League

@Nix:

But that is of course “optional”, i also belive more and more are directing recourses against Japan, becuse it has been shown time and time again that an unrestricted Japan is a “killer”.

But if the allies want to Hit Axis first round you can do some of this (or all)

Russia hits West Russia, and maybe Belorussia, Rusia sends 6 inf to Buryatia, 2 Arm Yakut to threthen a Incursion.

UK hits French indo china with 3 inf, 1 fig, hoping to wipe them out (or thinning down Japans troop levels), Dest to SZ59 kill trn (im beginning to lose faith in that dest thought…)

Creating a Pacific Fleet off the coast of Australia is an interesting idea - I’m currently trying it our in a game against NoMercy, with mixed results. I’ve had to sacrifice Egypt (coupled with a KJF strategy for the USA means Germany is HUGE) but it allowed me to bring Japan’s expansion to a virtual stand-still.

I’ve seen those six infantry wiped off the face of the map in J1, and they are almost certainly destroyed by J2. If you want to stall Japan but not concentrate on it, I believe bringing the inf from Buryatia and the Soviet Far East to Yakut is optimal…

• 2007 AAR League

it´s hard for japan to kill 6 inf and 2 arm in manch on J2.

• No it isn’t.  And once done, Russia is wide open… as well as a bit harder pressed by Germany with the loss of 2 ARM on the western front.

• @Nix:

it´s hard for japan to kill 6 inf and 2 arm in manch on J2.

cover that with a UK ftr or two or three and it’s damn near impossible

• To get your revenge, you will need:

2 cases of beer
    1 can whipped cream
    4 bikinis
    1 macaque monkey
    1 camera (with film and batteries)

Use your imagination.

• If you’re near a New York City subway stop, I can come over and show you some things to do.  It’s always better to show these things in practice.

Otherwise -

The key is to stall with UK and USSR, until the US can come in and beat the Axis down.

If you’re going to go KGF, first, you make sure that Germany can’t really invade London successfully (if Germany buys a lotta transports, or has fighters in range of London - don’t forget, the fighters have to LAND too), then you buy a few infantry.

Otherwise, you buy UK and US navy and air until you kill the German fleet, while you use USSR to trade off territory with Germany.  You withdraw the Allied forces in the east.  If Germany has taken Anglo-Egypt on Germany’s first turn, you recapture it.  (Germany will probably try to nab Africa, so you have to try to get it back quick; you can unite the Allied fleet off Algeria but watch out for German fighters from W. Europe plus any German navy that can blow up your fleet).

You get two fleets of US transports, and use one fleet to move units from E. Canada to London (you march the units from Washington to E. Canada), then you use the other transport fleet to move units from London to Europe.  (It’s called a transport chain).

That’s KGF

For KJF, just build a crapload of air and navy in the Pacific, and go beat up Japan.

• Oh yeah.  Join the Caspian Sub Yahoo group and read the files.  That will probably help bunches.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m