• What about it?

Any input?  I’m sure that this has been topic has been done before but,  I think it may be time to revisit.  Especially if the rumor is true about theater specific combat units.  Maps are critical.

Willl the company include additional maps in the boosters?

Will they sell a seperate box of maps?

Will they do nothing?

As I said on the other thread this would be useful for the beginning gamers.  I got about 10 boys started at my school and they are just buying boosters.  If there any marketing guys for the company reading this you might want to check that out.

Axis fan out

• @axisfan:

What about it?

Any input?  I’m sure that this has been topic has been done before but,  I think it may be time to revisit.  Especially if the rumor is true about theater specific combat units.  Maps are critical.Â

Willl the company include additional maps in the boosters?

Will they sell a seperate box of maps?

Will they do nothing?

As I said on the other thread this would be useful for the beginning gamers.  I got about 10 boys started at my school and they are just buying boosters.  If there any marketing guys for the company reading this you might want to check that out.

Axis fan out

There is a product slated with the Expert Rules set that has more maps: “2 full color, double sided, 21” x 30” hex maps.”

Other than that, I don’t mind either printing out blank ones and drawing on them (such as in stalingrad), or just cut and pasting the current ones. It would be nice to have new maps, but not necessary for my 2c. In fact someone on the WotC forums has given out what you need (besides the program unfortunately) to make standard, desert, and winter maps of fairly nice quality.

Even if you don’t want to, or have the time to, make your own you can always use someone else’s.

• Hey, DL, could you provide a link to the Expert Rules section that possibly shows the new maps?

• '19 Moderator

I don’t think they actualy show the maps,
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20070302c

This is a lik to some infor on another new map:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/20060215a

An this is a list of downloadable printable maps.
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/maps

• @AgentOrange:

Hey, DL, could you provide a link to the Expert Rules section that possibly shows the new maps?

No, dezrtfish is right they haven’t shown the new maps as of yet.

• Just another thought on this topic.

I I remember rightly Avalon used to have numbers assigned to their hexes and that was used for set-up purposes. I think that it may not be a bad idea to have numbers assigned for us  that are time challenged.  I run a strategy ckub at the school and some of the games have been real good but since we only have an hour and 1/2 to get everything finished it becomes difficult

I think if #'s were assigned to each hex it might prove useful.  The players could simply write down what haex they are on (withe the appropriate map) and resume.  It just gives more flexibility to the game.

Axis fax out

• @axisfan:

Just another thought on this topic.Â

I I remember rightly Avalon used to have numbers assigned to their hexes and that was used for set-up purposes. I think that it may not be a bad idea to have numbers assigned for us  that are time challenged.  I run a strategy ckub at the school and some of the games have been real good but since we only have an hour and 1/2 to get everything finished it becomes difficult

I think if #'s were assigned to each hex it might prove useful.  The players could simply write down what haex they are on (withe the appropriate map) and resume.  It just gives more flexibility to the game.

Axis fax out

There’s quite a few of the maps on the site that have numbered hexes, including a blank one you could, I suppose) overlay onto the previous ones. I lack the tools and skill to do so though.

As for new maps, here’s some previews of the new 3" hexes:

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Are the new maps and the advanced Rules going to be available for sale in stores or is it only a down load thing?

• @Von:

Are the new maps and the advanced Rules going to be available for sale in stores or is it only a down load thing?

It’s available in stores - I’m not aware if it will be online yet (though I would assume it would be at some point)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m