Recent website articles in the forums?

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’v noticed that about 40% of you come directly to the forums, whether manually or from a search result. This means that you might be missing all of the great articles on the website homepage. On the main listing of all the forums only, would it be cool or cluttered to use about 150-200 pixels of width to show a listing of the most recent 10 articles on the webiste?

All the other pages in the forums would be unaffected.

• I think that’s a reasonable idea.  i had been coming directly to the forums - not because i wanted to skip the website opening page, but i just got keyed that way internally.

• 2007 AAR League

I really like the idea, but I’m not sure it will look right visually.  Better might be to use the full width, and just add it at the bottom of the page under all the different forums?

• Maybe just a box under the key stats? Or how about a using part of the user info box? Maybe call it newest articles and put it between the user info and key stats boxes. Or maybe “New articles posted to the main page” warning or something? Maybe don’t need the whole list just something to make folks look at the main page?

Just a few ideas.

• why not a link that can be easily seen?

• I always come in thruogh the main page, and I also have the RSS feed from the main page linked on my Yahell 360 and My Yahell sites, so I always know when changes are made ‘up front’ :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m