• can some one plz explain to me how lightning assaults work? does it allow the transport to move again even if its used its movement (2 zones)? do you use the same units in the second amphibous assult? does this also work with destroyers if you have tokyp express? and if none of this can be done, what do you use lightning assualts for?

any help with these questions would be great, cuss we cant figure it out =)

• '19 Moderator

Normaly a transport ends it’s move as soon as it drops it’s cargo, even if it has only moved one space or not moved at all.  You are also not allowed to split landings between two zones.

With Lightning assaults you can pick up the allowed two units and drop them in two different land zones.  You can not exceed the two space movement.  It is probably used best with Banzai Attacks or to sweep Africa.

Hope that clears it up for you.

• do you use the same ground units in the 2nd amphibous assult? for example, if i have 2 infantry on a transport and i invade somplace with those 2 infantry, i then pick those 2 infantry back up on the same transport and go someplace else(with in the transports aloowed movement)?

• Frome the Avalon Hill FAQ:

How do Lightning Assaults work?
    This advantage does one thing: It lets you get around the normal restriction that a transport has to stop when it unloads. So, here’s precisely what you can do with a lightning transport: Load up 2 infantry, say, in Sea Zone A. Move one space to Sea Zone B, and drop off one of those infantry on an enemy territory. Then, move your transport again to Sea Zone C, and drop off the other infantry in a different enemy territory. You don’t get to move the transported land units twice, or have the transport carry double capacity, or anything like that – Lightning Assaults only gives you the ability to “split” your landings between two neighboring sea zones.

Here’s the situation: Japan sends a transport carrying two infantry, along with a battleship, to capture two territories using Lightning Assaults. The transport splits the infantry between the two territories. Can the battleship fire on both of them?
    No. Lightning assaults affects only transports, it doesn’t give a second shot to the battleships.

Does Lightning Assaults increase the transport’s movement from 2 to 4?
    No.

Complete FAQ is available here:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/axisrevised

@hondo:

do you use the same ground units in the 2nd amphibous assult? for example, if i have 2 infantry on a transport and i invade somplace with those 2 infantry, i then pick those 2 infantry back up on the same transport and go someplace else(with in the transports aloowed movement)?

The situation you are describing is not a legal move.

• That is actually stronger than I always thought it was, if I am reading that right.

I thought it only allowed you to offload into more than 1 territory FROM THE SAME SEA ZONE.  Did not realize you could move 1, offload 1, move another, offload the second unit.

I always thought it just allowed you to land in multiple territores adjoining the same SZ such as WCan and Alaska from SZ63 or UOSA and Madagascar from SZ28

• Yes, it is better than I thought too. I never use NAs so I had to look the whole thing up.

• thanks for the info guys, cleared alot of stuff up for me and my play group

• '19 Moderator

I think it’s best use is in Africa, you can do some serious sweeping up with this.

• yeah, thats about the best i can see it, before this was corrected in my play group we were hitting russia, then running to alaska in the same turn, ofcourse now we know this is not a legal move

• 2007 AAR League

Can an allied tank from algeria go through an empty libya (enemy owned) into egypt?
    Egypt is allied owned. I am pretty sure that you can but my opponent thinks it is an illegal move.

• In combat movement yes. In non-combat movement no. It is the same as an in and out blitz.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m