• Hi guys!
    I have seen this fantastic forum and i wont to make my truly compliments.

Im a big admirer of the italian army and also in A&A i play mainly with they.
    Unfortunatli the skill are not to hight… but this stuff it does not discourage cause is possible, for me, win every army till 1942 with our forces, but more ahead is necessary the help of some german units. :wink:

I would be very glad if you veterans can maka me some council for my army or for make a new italian army.
    thanks in advance.

:-D

• Welcome to the forum!!  I can see from your profile that you are from Italy, is that why you are a big fan of them?  :lol:

Anyways, ill see what good Italian armies I can come up with.  How many points were you thinking?

• For a ‘pure’ Italian Army try this:

Carro Aramato M13/40 x5
    Blackshirt x4
    Brixia M34 Mortar x2
    Fucile Modello 1891 x2
    Ammo Depot x1

• I play always with a 100 pt army… :|

• That army is 100 points / 14 units. It doesn’t win tournaments or anything, but it’s fun to play.

• Damn you DL!!  I was going to suggest a similar Italian army.  Yea that build works fine.

• @MechanizedWarfare:

Damn you DL!!  I was going to suggest a similar Italian army.  Yea that build works fine.

It’s the one I’ve had posted for some… months now, just adding the depot in and taking a few infantry out. However I realized a horrible mistake I made with that army. I forgot the fearsome Italian Hero! It’s getting too low on infantry now so I took out a tank for more infantry… I think in the long run (which Carros don’t usually see) it will be better for the army, though it does reduce it’s AT a bit.

Carro Aramato M13/40 x4 (or x5)
    Blackshirt x7 (or x4)
    Brixia M34 Mortar x1
    Fucile Modello 1891 x1
    Stalwart Hero x1
    Ammo Depot x1

100 Points / 1 Hero / 15 (or 13) Units.

• thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Unfortunatly in Italy we still don’t have de Reserves Set than i don’t now the rules of the Ammo Depot … you can tell me something about that…

what do you think about L3/35?
    It was a very delusion for me! of course is not the best tanks of the game but is very penalized. In reality it was armed with a 2 mtg. Fiat 35 cal. 8 mm the same of the M13/40, and it would have the same statistics ( 8/8/6 ) against infantry …

• @Alpino:

Unfortunatly in Italy we still don’t have de Reserves Set than i don’t now the rules of the Ammo Depot … you can tell me something about that…

The ammo dump allows you to re-roll any 1’s from any attacking units you control.  Theres a downside to that……if the enemy attacks your ammo dump, you have to roll for “highly flammable.”  If you get a 5 or 6, the ammo dump gets destroyed immediately.  The enemy doesn’t even have to get a hit on the ammo dump, he simply has to attack it.  Thats why ammo dumps don’t last longer than turn 3.  If it does last longer than that, then you got really lucky or your opponent had no way of attacking it.

• Most of the time the Ammo Depot is worth the points as long as you are aggressive with your units - the more units attacking the more effecient it becomes. Though this doesn’t mean you have to be suidically aggressive.  Just be aware that if the depot lasts beyond the first round or two you’re lucky; expect it to die.

The L3/35 is overpriced, but can be useful at taking out support units. Despite it’s low 2/2 defence it might survive simply because your opponent won’t bother with it unless he has nothing better to do. With Speed 4 and Excellent Suspension you can zip around to try and take out any depots or command units.  It’s dice aren’t the best, but good enough. I wouldn’t recommend using more than one though, it cuts too much into your army’s points.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m