Sub-Stalling ? NOT answered on the site…..

• it was to my friends understanding that a sub can submerge (stall) instead of attacking….

which is why a sub can move into a territory and submerge because of the sneak attack before combat begins.

so the question I/WE have is that can a sub move into a territory and stall an oceanice fleet that has a destroyer in it? the destroyr nullifies the sneak attack so can the sub stall without engaging at least 1 round of combat with the force containing a destroyer???

looking for SS, but anyones answer will work

• In AAPacific, an attacking sub can immediately submerge without engaging in a round of combat.  That is the case even if a defending DD is present in the sea zone being attacked.

The best essay ever prepared on substalling is by James Redford (Teeth and Tissue) and can be found here:  http://www.rjware.net/DOI/substall/index.htm

SS

• Founder TripleA Admin

Is that your essay? I’d like to link to and republish it here.

• It is not my essay.  As I mentioned, it was prepared by James Redford, a former DOI member.  I don’t know how to contact him, but the best bet is to contact Rich at wargamer’s Club at this email:  info[at]wargamersclub.org… He may be able to get or give approval for publishing.

SS

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m