• Hey kids.

Continuing the Caspian Sub policy of making your life better in every possible way, a new Axis Puzzle has been posted.  We’ve had puzzles sponsored by cheerleaders and nuns; now we have one sponsored by Cats that Look Like Hitler ™.

It’s based on a nifty little problem in the Atlantic.
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/files/2AxisPuzzles/

Enjoy

WARNING!  SPOILERS ARE LIKELY TO FOLLOW, SO IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE IT YOURSELF, LOOK AT IT BEFORE YOU READ THIS THREAD.

• Ooo I think I know!

• Hey CS,

Is there any way that you can make those essays, etc. available to folks who, for whatever reason, may not be able to access Yahell Groups?

Right now, unless you have a Yahoo ID, you can’t join a yahell group.  And there are a pretty fair number of folks who do not (or choose not) to have Yahell ID’s.

Just a thought.  I know that y’all would like to grow your group, but i also know that many folks really like what they ahve seen coming out of Caspian Sub, even if they are not members.

• Yahell?

Internet Exploder?

Sense much hate in this forum I do.  Fear (points Yoda-like claw) and hate (points Yoda-like claw again)

• Hey Switch.

Why we post at CSub instead of other places comes up from time to time.  There are other threads on this, but in short:

1. It’s enough work for us (usually me) to put it up in the first place on our site.  Then the lazy factor kicks in ;-)
    2. At one point D. Jensen was going to copy files over to this site.  We gave him permission to do so.  I don’t know what happened to that, but you can ask him if you’d like to see the files here.
    3. Yahoo is great.  I’m a big fan of theirs; I get a ton of value from them at no cost.  I like them better than Google or any of the other net behemoths, so I’m glad to give them my business.

Peace

• @newpaintbrush:

Ooo I think I know!

All right Mr. Smartypants, go for it!  Show us what you’ve got.

(I bet you do have it)

SPOILERS TO FOLLOW

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

nyet, doschenka (никакая маленькая девочка! - easier to type it in cyrillic)

Ya-WHO? really isn’t the worlds best.  Geocities was fine, for the time, then Yahoo took them over and htey havn’t advanced a day in almost a decade.  I finally took my site down, which has been there for like 16 years or so.

But whatever.  I am forced to participate in two yahoo groups anyway, so what’s a 3rd?  Stupid scientologist cult meets on Yahoo groups too and so does my auxillery Dungeons and Dragons group.

• I’m interested in the puzzle (and others) as well.  Wouldn’t a simple copy & paste suffice?

• (Jermo - too much hassle to format the puzzle for each forum.  If other folks want to repost it, we’re fine with that.)

Solution is up!

If you haven’t figured out how to kill all the transports outside of Z02, then you don’t have the right solution yet.

Have at it:
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/files/2AxisPuzzles/

• Fark, I was wrong.

But then, I thought the point of the exercise was to take and hold Karelia.  Not to preserve W. Europe.

So I was like “kill the 2 x US transports, move the German fleet to interpose northeast of UK, keep Karelia for the win”

But actually, the solution was “kill transports &c to preserve W. Eur”

I’m not really familiar with GenCon rules, so I guess that messed up my thinking.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m