• I was just wondering, what are every body’s views on purchasind Industrial complexes (And/Or AA guns). Who needs them, and where, and when?
    Also, there are only three AA guns for sale each game, and four industrial complexes.
    Here are my current opinions (subject to change)
    Russia, can’t afford them, needs to try to survive on infantry long enough
    UK, Maybe South Africa, Austrailia, India, I don’t see any other prospective spots
    US, Sinkiang, maybe West Europe (if they take it)

Germany, maybe Anglo Egypt Sudan, don’t see how they can afford much else
    Japan, any of the well defended mainland territories (if wanting mainland tanks), Brazil, maybe Alaska, don’t see any other good looking spots

AA gun spots I see are:
    Germany: East Europe, Finland, Ukraine (the Russian “big guns” are fighters)
    Japan: maybe French Indo china, maybe Alaska/Brazil (if have IC and are getting bombed)

Russia: Yakut, maybe Caucasus, can’t see uses anywhere else
    UK India, maybe Gibralter (if using as airbase)
    US maybe Alaska, Hawaii, Sinkiang, China. (all to help stop Jap air support if attacked)

Thanks guys, I hope you all know something on this topic that I don’t because I didn’t find anything anywhere else (except “long post about Japanese Industrials”)

• I think the only industrial complex worth buying (at least fairly early in the game) is for the UK in India, maybe Sinkiang too. The germans can’t really afford them and have nearly no use for them, for the Japanese it would be a waste of cash (transports can do the job just as well), like you said Russia can’t afford them (except maybe after Germany dies), and the United States has enough money to go anywhere they want without the need for any (except perhaps in Sinkiang).

• My Secret <sshhhh>strategy involves a highly potent Industrial Complex. If someone plays me I’ll show them it :smile: Requires a large bid though.</sshhhh>

• What about British S Africa, Jap Brazil?
    what about AA guns?
    They are not as expensive but still limited supply and annoying for people who use inf/fighter push

• A Japan IC in Brazil would be good if they can take it…might be tricky though (the US is 1 turn away). I usually only buy AA guns to defend my newly purchased iC’s from Strat. Bomb runs.

• An IC in South Africa is almoust completely useless in my opinion. It’s too far from most of the fighting in Afica to make much of a difference.
    If the British are defeated in Egypt and the Germans still have some transports then you probably can’t produce enough infantry in time to stop the Germans from taking the continent.
    If the British can remove the german transports then Africa is basicly theirs and they’ll be stuck with an ineffective IC far removed from anything.

• South Africa for Brits and Japs is good. Why? Easily defended, good location, 2 economy.

Brazil - Hard for Japan to take, but if it can hold it, it can be a game winner.

India - Good for British

Australia - good if the Japaneese dont have any transports within range, it can develope as a good way to distract them.

Sinkang - good for America

Yakut - I’ve seen some good Japaneese first strategies with an IC in Yakut

Soviet Far east - See Yakut

Syria - Another one of my secrets, beware Syria!

Egypt - Good for agreesive allied play

Western Europe - If well used, it can be a game winner, or a game loser if captured

Switz - Good for Japan

finland norway - Another one of my secret strategies, beware Finland Norway!

I think thats all

• can you please explain to me how Japan is supposed to get an industrail complex in switzerland.

• Easy, take a few turns and bring a transport with an infantry over there. Put an IC there, build an infantry per turn, in a long game this could add 40 infantry to the German Defense.

• isn’t there a possibility that there may be allied subs or ships or aircraft that could take out the transport.

• there is also a small possibility that the allies who attempted to take it out could get hit by the lone transport. lone tranny hits often happen in games I play
    good idea (i think it was yanny)
    if it doesn’t work it is only an 11 ipc loss
    I was thinking about aa guns
    they only cost 5 ipcs each and if you have one in a territory, then the opponent might hesitate to attack with planes, which is good. But if they ignore it and attack with planes anyway there is a chance that you could shoot down a 12-15 ipc unit before it gets to shoot at you.
    also two (and one half) questions-how many aa guns can occupy a transport(and if it can hold two aa guns, can you put one inf and one aa gun?) Also can two aa guns occupy the same place?(that territory would still only get one shot per plane, I think)
    Thanks for the switz IC idea, i’ll have to try that sometime.
    Lastly if Japs invade Brazil, would they go right in (from the atlantic) or through a neutral country (from the pacific)?

• If you do it early in the game, it won’t be high enough on the priority list of the allies to take it out, if they even can.

• Yanny, when did you add to your quote/signature?
    I like it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m