A&A tournaments, player rankings etc

• I have just recently begun checking out what goes on with the game on-line. I am curious to know, are there any official sanctioned tournaments or that sort of thing? I am also curious to know if there was a rankings board or anything like that where certain players are known to be among the game’s best based on tournament play. I know other games have that sort of thing.

Just curious.

• '19 Moderator

There are several clubs that do exactly that. They organize tournaments, provide rankings and ratings for members, they set up standardized rule sets, they all have discussion boards for strategies finding opponents etc and best of all they are for the most part free.

AAMC, IAAPA, Spring 1942, Balance of Power, and there are others.

These are the two I visit most;

http://www.aamc.net
    http://www.spring1942.org

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2001-12-21 11:21 ]

• '19 Moderator

I forgot there are also clubs for the AAP and AAE expansions.

• That is really cool. Thanks. I wonder if most of the top players use similar strategies or if there are many schools of thought that have proven to be highly effective in competative play.

• '19 Moderator

I just checked on my ranking in AAMC. I’m listed as 190th out of 400. that sounds bad but I only have one compleated game on record. My point is there are 400 people that have been active in the last 45 days.

I think opening moves are fairly standard with a few variations, after that the game is always different.

It only takes a few minutes to register and I’d be glad to help you through the mechanics of your first game if you would like.

• On 2001-12-21 11:39, dezrtfish wrote:

It only takes a few minutes to register and I’d be glad to help you through the mechanics of your first game if you would like.

Sure. I can’t do it right now though because I am heading out to meet my girlfriend. I am sure I can manage the registration and then perhaps I could drop you a post some time prior to my first game; how does that sound?

I appreciate the help.

• '19 Moderator

You got it.

• I am interested in playing the A and A game. I am very new to this computer stuff though. I would like to join a club or even get together online with someone… Basically, I am just asking for HELP!

• mind helping me too dezert? i signed up for spring1942 like 2 weeks ago (for kremlin) but i didnt play because im afraid ill break the rules and people being mad at me and things like that. :sad:

• I think that A&a is much better with some friends playing the board game.

• '19 Moderator

Jamus:
    I help if I can E-mail me and I will try to hook you up.

william.cook@wsfp.com

Green:
    I haven’t played Kremlin, but my advise would be, go over the rules as best as you can and then look for a game on the Zone. When you jump in let the host know it is your first game and “usually” they’ll be pretty cool about it. Also you might try getting on the message board at Spring and asking someone to do a test game with you. You’ll find that there is usually someone who will help you out. Everyone wants more players at the clubs.

My only advise for club play is stay out of the politics! :wink:

General:
    I agree completely, but I can only get a game together once a month or so. Playing on-line or by E-mail helps keep me sharp.

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2001-12-24 09:11 ]

• '19 Moderator

bump

• kurt taught me :smile: i know the rules now, haven’t played a game though.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve tested out playing an email game (PBEM). I think it pretty much sucks.

I’m sorry but none of the clubs explain how to play very well and all of the intefaces/notation is not very intuitive or user friendly. If you play and it works well for you, kudos to you! But I just don’t have the time nor the desire to try to figure that stuff out.

What is needed is something that is very visual and easy to use but still requires you to own the game to play (otherwise Hasbro will send their hounds at you). Maybe I’ll come up with something and put it on the site. (and everybody replies “yeah right!”) :smile:

• You should without a doubt do something like that Mr.Admin.

This site already has a nice community, and with some help from hasbro and you should be able to have a game set on this site in no time.

Keep us updated!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m