• Founder TripleA Admin

I just posted an article regarding the rumors around Axis & Allies Guadalcanal. Let’s use this thread to discuss this possibility and post any new relevant news about the game.

As soon as Guadalcanal (or whatever it might be) is officially annouced, I’ll create a new forum.

• 2007 AAR League

so the aussies would be in this game?

what about islanders? mostly used for japanese labor.

would jungle fighting force new rule changes to make it realistic and fair?  also for ridgelines?

• FINALLY a battle-specific game in the pacific.

• Unless there is more information than a major battle in the Pacific, it could be any number of the islands or sea battles (Iwo Jima, Guadacanal, Saipan, Tinian, Battle of the Coral Sea, The Marianas Turkey Shoot, Okinawa, and many others)  How about a fictionalized invasion of the Japanese home islands?  The battle plans for the invasion and Japan’s defense are available, now from archives.  Secret weapons available for the Japanese could even the balance of power (without the A-bomb).

There are several interesting possibilities.  It should be an interesting game. :-D

• @SSG:

Unless there is more information than a major battle in the Pacific, it could be any number of the islands or sea battles (Iwo Jima, Guadacanal, Saipan, Tinian, Battle of the Coral Sea, The Marianas Turkey Shoot, Okinawa, and many others)  How about a fictionalized invasion of the Japanese home islands?  The battle plans for the invasion and Japan’s defense are available, now from archives.  Secret weapons available for the Japanese could even the balance of power (without the A-bomb).

There are several interesting possibilities.  It should be an interesting game. :-D

rune blade has done something like that. its posted somewhere in here.

• Thanks for the plug Cyan.  :-D

RB

• Guadalcanal could be very intresting if it incorporates the supply aspect of BOTB. Especially if those supplies would need to moved by ships and moved again once on an island. That would seriously test your logistical accumen.

• 2007 AAR League

In 1999 Axis and Allies made a comeback after 15 years with the releases of Pacific and Europe.  Now, with the recent releases of Revised, D-Day, The Miniatures, Battle of the Bulge, and countless variants; it brings up the question if this new variant may be released too soon.  Is it possible to release too many games in too short a period of time, thereby causing the fan-base to grow tired of the game?

I am not saying that Axis and Allies doesn’t have a very loyal fan base, because obviously this forum and the many others like it would disprove any argument against that fact.  However, it would be interesting to find out how many people on this forum are of the younger generation, and how many of the older generation have passed on the game to their children.

I am sure that I will purchase the game along with thousands others like me.  Also, I am not saying that these games are not wonderful and that many people spend countless hours playing them.  It just occurred to me after stumbling upon this thread that with so many WWII games on the market, do people on this forum think that after this new variant Larry Harris should take a short break and wait for the anticipation for a new game to build up once more before starting another project?

UK

• No sorry its fine now.We have exchanged PM’s and He may actually want to help with AARHE.

Not to worry. I will take care of this myself.

BTW what are those stars under the green stars by my name?

• I guess you get more stars with a higher postcount.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The little stars are for post count, the big green stars are if you are a moderator.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Back on topic. I’m trying to get some information from Wizards/AH about the next A&A game. I know I’m talking to the right person now but who knows if they’ll give me any information.

• I can only tell you that typically until the financial terms for this game are settled that the author and the producer are typically not going to tell the public anything as per the binding disclosure agreement.

Once this happens and the game is finished ( i suspect it is) Larry will spill the beans.

He asked me once before to not say anything about the game. A number of others have the same information because it was discussed back in 2005 but those posts are probably removed. You can ask elbowmaster as he knows as well.

• @SSG:

Unless there is more information than a major battle in the Pacific, it could be any number of the islands or sea battles (Iwo Jima, Guadacanal, Saipan, Tinian, Battle of the Coral Sea, The Marianas Turkey Shoot, Okinawa, and many others)  How about a fictionalized invasion of the Japanese home islands?  The battle plans for the invasion and Japan’s defense are available, now from archives.  Secret weapons available for the Japanese could even the balance of power (without the A-bomb).

I would like to see an Axis and Allies Iwo Jima game next

• I’m glad to have more Pacific action.

• another lame game to add to the list of cruddy knock-offs… :|

• Founder TripleA Admin

Have you played Battle of the Bulge? It’s a great game!

• @The:

another lame game to add to the list of cruddy knock-offs… :|

You might want to wait till it is out and you’ve had a chance to play it before labeling it “lame” and “cruddy.”  As of yet AH hasn’t even begun telling folks about the game, how can you know whether or not it is any good?

And I’m with djensen Battle of the Bulge is terrific. Miles and miles away from “lame” and “cruddy” and with its supply aspect it is not a knock-off. Personally, I expect Guadalcanal to be just as good or better.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m