• I had a hard time recently when my tool bar and infoview disappeared, and couldn’t find any help on the subject.

If this occurs to you, and no matter how many times you open & close the program while toggling those two options on and off, here’s what you do:

Go into the directory that you installed the program (default is c:\programfiles\abattlemap).  Look for abattlemap.ini - make sure it is this exact file; if anything, make sure the extension is the same.  There should only be one .ini file in the main directory.  Delete this file.  The next time you enter the program your tool bar and infoview will reappear!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Make sure you close abattlemap first, otherwise you’ll encounter an error deleting the file (because you’re using it!)

The ini file contains your user settings, including the exact pixel locations of your tool bars.  The problem occurs when abattlemap thinks you have moved the bars off the side of the screen and it just loads them there.

A way you can help prevent that from happening is to locate the tool bars away from the edge of the screen, it seems to help.  Also, don’t minimize/Maximize the screen often if you can avoid it.

• @Jennifer:

Also, don’t minimize/Maximize the screen often if you can avoid it.

I think this is what did it to me (maximizing).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m