• if i attack same territory with the land units by transport, and the land units and air units from the adjasent territory (e.g. Germary attack Caucasus, with the inf by transport from Southern Europe, and inf & fighters from Ukraine).

in this case, is it an amphibious assault?

1. can Germary’s BB make ‘one shot support attack’?
    2. can the fighters retreat? (according to 3rd Edition, fighters can retreat during amphibious assault)

• The battleship only fires if troops or tanks ARE LANDED off of the transports. This might mean that you sarcastically load and unload a transport just to move an infantry one space from Ukraine to Caucasus, but its legal.

• e.g.Germary attack Caucasus, with the inf by transport from Southern Europe, and inf & fighters from Ukraine

in this case, the BB can make one shot attack, but can i still retreat all units to Ukraine?

• Z_,

No, in an amphib. ass. ALL LAND UNITS ARE PERMANENTLY COMMITED.

Though air units may terminate their engagement after land units are eliminated. I think that’s in 3rd ed. rules, but I don’t have a copy.

Correct me if I’m wrong (SOMEBODY WITH THE RULES).
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Are we havin’ fun yet?” - Xi

• wow…. even i move one inf from Southern Euorpean to attack Caucasus, then ALL the land units cannot retreat, even the land units involed this battle which came from Ukraine?

• Z_,

Da.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kill! - Xi

• In 3rd Ed Rules, aircraft may withdraw after ANY COMPLETED ROUND of combat.

• Sorry, What 3rd ed rules? Where can I get them?

• Somebody, please, answer ad_!
    I don’t have that info.
    Thanks! :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m