• 2007 AAR League

Just curious about everyones favorite teeth grinding, god cursing, board kicking, tank throwing, dice rueing bad luck moments.
    I just had a pretty wretched start/end of one game.
    I was axis.
    Russia took Ukraine with 1 INF 1 RTL 3 ARM remaining (already some mildly poor luck)
    I then attacked back with 6 INF 1 RTL 1 FTR 1 ARM. (calculated to win something like 95% of the time with ground troops, I might not have all the troops exactly right.
    Well, after two rounds of combat, the GER FTR retreats, all other forces destroyed, having inflicted 0 casualties, and the future looks bleak for the Fatherland.

Bad not so much for the magnititude of the loss, but for the complete hope sucking and soul crushing nature. (later looked at the odds for that result… <1%.

PLease, share your tales of woe.
    Mateo

• It was the first round, I was Germany.  Sent in 1 sub, 3 fighters to deal with that pesky UK BB.  I had to sacrifice at least one or two fighters to kill that damn battleship.

Another time, sent in 2 inf, 2 arm, 1 ftr, 1 bber to kill Egypt.  I had to kill both the bomber and fighter so to at least take the place and seal the Med.  Boy did that suck.

• 19 ones and twos were rolled out of 25 INF against what should have been my game winning assault on Mos. There were only 25 INF and a few misc pieces in Mos by the way.

• Consolation Game of the 2-on-2 Tournament had several sets of wild dice…
    *  Russian AF killing the German Med Fleet on R2 without loss.

• Japan losing 2/3 of their AF and killing 1 INF in the process.
    • Germany throwing back a superior US invasion force from Ukraine with minimal losses
    • Germany losing tehir reinforced Baltic Fleet with almost no UK loses
    • UK getting paid back by being obliterated in a battle where the sim showed UK winning with 1-2 FIGs left, and instead LOSING with 5 Germany AF units, and 9 ARM (that was the one that had the Allies surrender)

• Attacked India R2.  Lost 4 fighter 1 bomber to AA guns.

I lol’d.

“teeth grinding, god cursing, board kicking, tank throwing, dice rueing bad luck moments.”

OOooOoooo skary.

• In a battle for supremecy in the Pacific Japan sent 3 BB’s to destroy my 2 US BB’s and lost.  The Japanese player lost control of the Pacidic with that attack.  Worst luck for him, best luck for me

• @mateooo:

Just curious about everyones favorite teeth grinding, god cursing, board kicking, tank throwing, dice rueing bad luck moments.
    I just had a pretty wretched start/end of one game.
    I was axis.
    Russia took Ukraine with 1 INF 1 RTL 3 ARM remaining (already some mildly poor luck)
    I then attacked back with 6 INF 1 RTL 1 FTR 1 ARM. (calculated to win something like 95% of the time with ground troops, I might not have all the troops exactly right.
    Well, after two rounds of combat, the GER FTR retreats, all other forces destroyed, having inflicted 0 casualties, and the future looks bleak for the Fatherland.

Bad not so much for the magnititude of the loss, but for the complete hope sucking and soul crushing nature. (later looked at the odds for that result… <1%.Â

PLease, share your tales of woe.
    Mateo

Same as you. Bid 2 INF to Ukraine. USSR takes, with NO losses. German counter fails.

I still won that game, but man, what a bad start…

Squirecam

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m