• After many A&A matches I found that is easy to win with the Allies, especially with someone who can play well with Russia. Basically, in the first turn russia use 1 sub and two fighter vs 1 sub and 1 transport in germany, and the second transport as backup in UK. Then buys all infantry and 1 tank every turn. Packs eastern forces in one country to have 6 inf and 1 tank, a resonable force to keep japan away for a while, considered that he has also to eliminate US and UK forces in the land and to compete with US in the sea. Germany isn’t able to clean all the UK fleet in the first turn, since russia destroys the transport and the sub, and UK built another battleship or and aircraft carrier in the first turn. German have to use plane to defend France and Berlin from the threat of invasion, Africa fall due to US reinforcements. In few turn, russia has enough tank in karelia to both counter-attack in germany or in japan, if the japan player plays well. Most of the times Germany falls before japan can take Moscow.
    We play with the two-hit battleship rule.

Rule proposal: research in done with a 5 or a 6, otherwise I found that nobody uses it, a tank might be more useful.

I wait any comments / advice on that

Bye!

• Try playing with the Russia Restricted rule. Basically, Russia can’t attack first turn.

• Or you could give Germany an extra 5 or 6 infantry in Ukraine…

• Just with Russia restricted it is far more tight, IF, and only IF, germany and japan work together (and if they are not too much previsible). The big advantage of the axis (even more with russia restricted) is that they decide where the game is going to be played, they lead the game, and with a startegy not too much previsible they can match the power of the Allies. However i think the game is seriously unbalanced for those who start…

• give germany another 2 infantry in europe, play russia restricted or give germany jet fighters and japan super subs at the start of the game.

Russia plays best on offensive, same goes for all other countries.

• G_t,
    If you’ve played a lot almost any move should be seen before made. Look at some of the other strings under this Axis & Allies heading. This topic has come up once or twice before :roll: .
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Read a coupla options and TRY AGAIN. - Xi

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m