All right, who can't wait for the Wii?

• I’m currently strategizing on the best way to attain one on opening day.

• I dont have the kind of money to be getting concoles on opening day, however my friend does, and thats good enough for me.  Cant wait to play Super Smash Brothers on the Wii.  :-D

• I haven’t owned anything Nintendo since the original NES, but the Wii makes me wish I had more money & time… (yeah, I’d get PS3 and XBox 360 as well…)

• Got it, and it’s pretty damn cool. Zelda is an amazing game.

• do any of these game consoles allow mouse support for games.

I want a small joystick for movement and thats it.

the mouse for everything else.

a guess a keyboard will be necessary for special needs,

• Yanny, what do you think of the movement controls?  That’s the thing that intrigued me.  I tend to use “body english”, when I play games, anyway.  This way, maybe it will help.  lol

• It takes a few minutes to get used to, but now I couldn’t imagine playing with a “normal” controller. It just works so well. The only downside is that few games (other than Wii Sports) are really using the controller to it’s full potential. The controler is basically another button in zelda, where a flick of my wrist will essentially press it and swing my sword. It’s actually more natural, but it’s not like I’m actually controlling the sword and shield.

Wii Sports though shows what the Wii is capable of, especially with Boxing and Bowling. I’m waiting for some more detailed sports games to come out to see what it can do.

• LOL That was good.

I just think the best combo is this:

movement: small stick style joystick ( because you use a few fingers rather than perhaps 4 fingers for W-A-S-Z)

Looking around and aiming the gun: mouse

The mouse (or your moving your hand rather is much faster than using fingers to manipulate the other joystick for xy axis movements because it only requires you to move the hand while you can fire with the same hand. The joystick requires you to move fingers and take your hand partially off to use those 4 buttons.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m