• So whos played the demo yet?  I think it was aight.  Not better than BF2 in my opinion, but its something new.  Still fun to play.  Kinda to futuristic for my taste, but its still war, so I simply adapt to it.  :wink:

• Demo crashes on my computer, but I like Battlefield 2 better.

• @Nukchebi0:

Demo crashes on my computer, but I like Battlefield 2 better.

Yea I like BF2 better.  Still something fun and new to play though. ;)

• True.

I wish the demo worked, though.

• Played it twice now, and rocked it when I played with my bro.  I enjoyed it.

You can’t judge it by the demo yet, because no unlocks are included, things will change undoubtedly, and it’s only one map.

Think about it…there are no medics or spec ops running around currently, and some of the unlocks will drastically change the game play.

• Seen the full game already at my friends house and I must say this game is good.  The map “Belgrade” is like OMG!!  Its huge as hell!!  Makes the BF2 map “Strike at Karkand” look small by comparison.

• @MechanizedWarfare:

Seen the full game already at my friends house and I must say this game is good.  The map “Belgrade” is like OMG!!  Its huge as hell!!  Makes the BF2 map “Strike at Karkand” look small by comparison.

Karkand is small. Wake Island 2007, however…or Dragon Valley.

• I’m sure you’ve heard of the “spyware” that’s worked into the game.  How do you guys feel about it?

• It doesnt seem that bad.  It might be annoying to some but im sure theres some good pros with the “spyware” being there during gameplay.

• I was looking around and considering the debate.  If we go on EA’s word, they haven’t set a new precedent. I think a lot of people are complaining simply because they are ignorant of the facts, or would rather just complain about something.  However, EA could by lying to us, and the implication of this feature far more than what we are lead to believe.  My point on that is that Sony got such a backlash for acting stupid, that this would surely damage EA’s credibility if they followed through on something like that.

The details that I’ve found is thus:  EA tracks your views of in-game advertisement, and sends that info back to HQ.  Then the ads can be modified to be better directed to the consumer.

I’m not big on ads (in fact, I despise marketing with a passion), but if you want to play the game, you get the whole enchilada.  And this is minor compared to a good gaming experience (which is debatable by some…but if they don’t like it, don’t play it).

I heard many people complain that this was absurd, and that the price of the game should be cheaper.  Maybe it should.  But these same people have no problem with Google scanning their gmail account, cable tv monitoring their television viewing and ad consumption, etc.

• Well to me it doesnt seem like a harmful thing to your PC.  It may be annoying, but I dont think itll be harmful.  You cant really judge until its happened.

• I found this pretty funny comic about this debate at Penny Arcade.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• :lol:  That’s pretty funny…

But if I understand correctly, that’s not possible with how the ads are supposed to work.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m