• Hi, I’m new to this obviously…  :?  I’ve followed many games on here but am still a little confused about how to play it myself as far as using the dice server.  Basically I’m just curious if I have to do everything manually using Battlemap after a battle or is there something I’m missing?  Also, do I need to register for the dice server?  Once I mess with this stuff a little more I’ll be up for some games sometime, but in the meantime any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

• I will have to let othrs answer your Battlemap questions because I do not use it.

As for dice servers…
    That depends on which dice server you are using.

1.  The In-Site dice roller, the one that allows you to roll dice right here on the forums, requires only that you be a registered user and able to post on the forums.
    2.  Frood does not require membership.
    3.  DAAK does require membership to use anything other than their low-luck server.  That membership is free.
    4.  Flames also requires that you sign up for free membership.

• Arsonist,

No, the Battlemap does not post automatically.  It has no AI, so it cannot post battle results or builds for you.  You must do this manually.  When you have posted the results of your turn, you can send the map as an attachment to your summary e-mail to your opponent.  When both of you update the map and trade it back and forth, it isn’t that big a problem to keep up to date.  Many people will keep a board set up at home for a back-up/study aid.

Hope this helps. :-D

• Battlemap is just an electronic version of the board. You still have to count out new units, remove the dead et al. Unlike the board it is easy to save any particular setup.

• Thanks guys, I look forward to playing some games with you guys.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m