• I played against my friend, and I beat him. It was very interesting, though, at least in the Eastern Front.

The Soviets started traditionally: Attack (Belorussia?,) and buy tanks.

As Germany, I spent 15 IPCs on the first turn to get rockets, and failed, then I bought a bomber, and the rest tanks.

I counter attacked, but got owned. At least I strategically bombed him.

The next Soviet turn, they continued pushing east, getting little or no casualties.

I bought another round of tanks, and blitzed through territory to increase my income for one turn.

He pushed me back to my capital, but was stretched out thin.

Now, I was at a crossroads. Berlin was very poorly guarded, and Southern Europe wasn’t at all. I needed to prevent a blitz through Southern Europe, while defending my capital. I could have bought six tanks, or eleven infantry, to bolster the three infantry and one artillery in Berlin. I bought the tanks. Knowing my opponent, I could be assured that he wouldn’t go and attack Southern Europe. So I moved one infantry to southern Europe, and bought tanks. I figured that 3.0 hits were better than 3.33, especially considering the counterattack pontential the tanks had, and the fact that they would be able to easily gain a lot of territory back quickly. It was a gamble.

On the next Soveit turn my friend attacked. Ten georgous T-34’s charged into Berlin. On the first turn, they got two hits. So I said goodbye to the infantry, and rolled back. I got two hits with the 2 defense units, and 5 with the 3 defense units. He rolled again with his three remaining tanks and got one more hit. I took the artillery as a casualty, and then rolled back. Three straight hits and his force was done. Behind it was miles of open territory, all free from Russian forces. He had three tanks and one infantry left, all on his main bases. I blitzed back the next turn, and after five more turns, my two German bombers had pummeled his industry, and Japanese pressure had caused all to fall but the capital. On the final assualt on Moscow, his AA gunners finally shot down by two bombers. We had a laugh, as they shot them down right when it didn’t matter. The U.S. fleet fell the next turn, and we quit, as he had to go.

• 1.  You bought almost no units with Germany, and didn’t get Rocket tech.  Against any competent USSR player, you should have been horribly owned by massive USSR infantry and tanks, plus UK/US pressure.  (If Germany does that sort of thing, KJF is just silly, Germany is horribly weak)

2.  I can’t imagine what the other Allies were doing this whole game.  Probably stalled out in some KJF variation.

3.  You can leave Southern Europe with nothing in it and not get blitzed, because an AA gun or an industrial complex prevent blitzing through that territory.  (And of course, S. Europe will always have an industrial complex)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Germany in Revised is Russia from Classic.  Infantry, Infantry, IN-FAN-TRY!  You have enough tanks at the start of the game to be offensive enough without going pure tank purchases. (Though, if you just happen to have 2 IPC left over after buying infantry, you can put 1 infantry back and get another tank.)

Artillery towards the middle when you have enough infantry pushing forward to soak lots of hits and tanks at the very last when you need the added speed to get to Moscow faster.  But until you own Caucasus, Finland/Norway, Karelia, Archangelsk and Sea Zone 5 without contest, you should be primarily buying infantry with Germany….it’s the same old boring infantry game classic was in that regard.

That’s why i prefer America/Japan or even England to Geramny/Russia.

• I was buying tanks only to match my friend’s purchases. The British were going KJF, and so was America, except for Operation Torch.

I continued buying tanks later because the board was wide open and I wanted the blitzing capability (I forgot to mention that I blitzed behind his lines before the attack on Berlin to stave off monetary disaster). I figured an eye for an eye, especially because I needed troops on the front lines quickly. I usually, though, buy whatever my opponent buys (our games tend to be tanks, battleships and airplanes. Very rarely is infantry or carriers bought).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m