Need suggestions for Axis 100 point army

• Hi folks,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 100 pt Axis army as well as strategy.  I have been extremly lucky in my boxed sets.  What do you think 1944 limit.

Should I

Panzer IV
    Hetzer
    Stuka
    SS Haupsturm
    SS Storm Trooper
    Kar 98
    Vet Infantry
    Panzer Gren
    Fortress Defend

or

Vet Tiger
    SS Haupstrum
    SS Stormtroop
    Panzer Gren
    Kar 98
    Black Shirt
    Vet Infantry

Strategies welcome

• A Veteran Tiger is way too risky for a 100 point army.  An American player that fields a “Locksteed” will kill an infantry every round and all hell have to do is have 2 or 3 shermans to kill off the Veteran Tiger.  I would recommend a Panzer IV along with two ME-109 and several SS Panzergrenadiers a long with the Haupsmenfuhrer.

• Thanks Mech.  Tiger out.  I’ll save that for a nasty surprise.  Don’t have any ME’s yet nor any SS PG’s.  I’ll have to get on that.  I suspect he will be unable to field more than 2 shermans.  My 1st game is on the 9th.

Axisfan

• @axisfan:

Thanks Mech.  Tiger out.  I’ll save that for a nasty surprise.  Don’t have any ME’s yet nor any SS PG’s.  I’ll have to get on that.  I suspect he will be unable to field more than 2 shermans.  My 1st game is on the 9th.

Axisfan

Cool.  By the way im not saying you shouldnt use the Tiger at all.  If the game was say 200 points, then its cool to use a Tiger.  However since its only a 100 point game, then Id say you shouldnt.  Use well placed PAK40’s to cover your armor, two of them should be enough in a 100 point game.

• Yes the Tiger will be unleashed.  Your right though too much risk and I feel it would demoralize my opponent too much.  I have a pak 40 and sfz 250 I’ll use.

I’ve been reading a lot on Mortars any thoughts?  I have a disc. Spotter and a 81 mm what about mg42’s I have a couple of those too.  It just seems a steep price to pay (20pts) for a mortar and support.

Again I was skunked on sspg at my local shop.  Are SS stormtroopers as good?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m